By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kwaad said:
Sky Render said:
Proposed addition to Wii Bingo flags: I'm not bashing the Wii. Only counts if the post/article obviously is bashing the Wii in some form. Anybody else agree?

Every time I say something bad about the wii, even though it's not about saying the Wii sucks, people say I'm bashing the Wii. I actually only say the Wii-mote isnt as powerful as it feels when you first pick it up. I dont even say they suck. As an opinion I think it sucks, and I'll say it happily. But overall I think the Wii is, and will remain in a 'class' of it's own. Becuase if it was 'dominating' the market, then why are PS3, AND 360 sales... UP.

Market domination means, Wii sales UP, 360/PS3 sales DOWN. We are not seeing that.

Ehmm.. yes we do. Wii outsells PS3 and 360 combined for the last past weeks and will continue to do so at least until GTA 4 hits the US.

I do, however, agree you're not bashing the Wii. Wii fans are too sensitive to trolling around here. 

Around the Network

I just don't get what's the point on insisting to post threads about people who don't like the Wii. Yes it happens... So what?

Chrizum said:
Kwaad said:
Sky Render said:
Proposed addition to Wii Bingo flags: I'm not bashing the Wii. Only counts if the post/article obviously is bashing the Wii in some form. Anybody else agree?

Every time I say something bad about the wii, even though it's not about saying the Wii sucks, people say I'm bashing the Wii. I actually only say the Wii-mote isnt as powerful as it feels when you first pick it up. I dont even say they suck. As an opinion I think it sucks, and I'll say it happily. But overall I think the Wii is, and will remain in a 'class' of it's own. Becuase if it was 'dominating' the market, then why are PS3, AND 360 sales... UP.

Market domination means, Wii sales UP, 360/PS3 sales DOWN. We are not seeing that.

Ehmm.. yes we do. Wii outsells PS3 and 360 combined for the last past weeks and will continue to do so at least until GTA 4 hits the US.

I do, however, agree you're not bashing the Wii. Wii fans are too sensitive to trolling around here.

Uhhh...

Weekly Info.  (for america)

Wii +134%
360 +40%
PS3 +19%

The PS3+360+PS2 = 209023

The Wii only holds 51% of the home conosle market. (for weekly sales, in america, and TOTAL sales, is under 50% of home console)

The PS2 dominated with around 70% *total* console sales.

There is NO Wii domination going on, the Wii is WAAY ahead of PS3/360/PS2.

My point is, a console only dominates, with the other consoles are 'loosing'. The 360 is doing GREAT, and the PS3 isnt doing that bad. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

So how's the truck driving? Hectic? Boring?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

"After he told me that, I let him borrow my Wii. (why not, I dont use it)"

Why don't you sell it?

I don't understand all the people who claim their Wii's are collecting dust when people are still selling them for $385 on Amazon.

Think of all the fun PS3 games you could buy for $385.

Around the Network
Paul said:
"After he told me that, I let him borrow my Wii. (why not, I dont use it)"

Why don't you sell it?

I don't understand all the people who claim their Wii's are collecting dust when people are still selling them for $385 on Amazon.

Think of all the fun PS3 games you could buy for $385.

Think of the new Super Smash game coming out I can use the GC controller on.

Think of the 'prestigue' I get from even having one.

I waited in line for 13 hours for it. Like hell I'm selling it. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

See I would say market domination would be a 50%+ share.... When one console sells more than any others combined it's domination. Perhaps this is a difference of opinion.

Kwaad said:

I'm putting this in off topic, and I'm not bashing the Wii, more admiring a exellent gimmick. (not the wii either)

My friend went to one of his friends houses, and played a Wii for a few hours, and thought. WOW, this is AMAZING! He was telling me all about it, and how great it was, and how much he loved the Wiimote with Nunchuck! He was really amazed. (he is 23 for those wondering his age)

After he told me that, I let him borrow my Wii. (why not, I dont use it)

After he played it for quite a days, and worked into a week or two, he was telling me how much he LOVES his 360. And the Wii sucks.

Now, this thread isnt about the Wii sucking, or anything of that sort. I am just saying. He LOVED the Wii, and was going to buy one, and just for laughs, I let him borrow mine for awhile. After he had one for a few weeks, he no-longer wanted it.

I have seen that pattern in ALOT of people, and I think the Wii sales are really a hard bean to track. Because who is buying them for Wii Sports. And who is buying them for games? You dont know. I think that is why the attach ratio is so low, because of the lower price, and extreme hype, everyone is getting them. (even non-gamers) And playing on it for a few hours, like most americans do on their exercise equipment, they only use once, and spend thousands of dollars on. I agree, a sale is a sale, and this website is about sales. The gimmick, I feel is Wii Sports. A game that seems to have amazing depth, game power, and allows virtually infinate power/possiblities of the control system. Unless your a hardcore gamer, or really in tune with your movements, you wont notice, they are actually quite limited in what they do, and how it works. Now, it's fine for the games that come out for it. (normally, some suck, but cant blame nintendo for that) After playing Wii sports, and seeing the phenomom, you think. "Hell, only 250$ and I can get this fun thing and I can exercise with it too! Amazing!" People are buying them like hot-cakes, and then they gather dust. If you actually look at software sales, the 360 is right up there right next to the Wii, even tho the Wii has 5million more units out there, selling 300,000 a week more, and unlike the 360. Dosent have a 50% faliure rate. I know ALOT of people who bought a 2nd 360, because their original got red-ring, and they didnt want to wait 1month to get it back, and/or pay 120$. (rember, for awhile if you got a 360 when it first came out, the warrenty expired, and the RROD warrent clause wasnt in effect).

As a hardware system, and as hardware sales go, the Wii is selling spectacular, it even comes with it's best selling companion. Wii Sports. But over time, I'm really not sure how well the Wii is going to do, on the gameing side of the fence. I just cant beleive how well the Wii is selling. It has really turned into a cultural phenomon. But as I have observed... Unfortuinatly for me. Gamers play on the 360 today. Not the Wii, Not the PS3. For a gamer, I think the 360 has won this generation, and for hardware sales, I think the Wii will win. Overall I dont have a problem with it, as I have come to understand the Wii, as I understand hand-helds. Their not the same thing, not the same market. The Wii is a GAC not a GC. (General Audiance Console) (Game Console)

Overall, If you love your Wii, and you love the games that come out for it. Enjoy it, and love it that much more. I'm gonna love my PS3/360. To each their own.

EDIT: I dont think anyone understood my point. the Wii is NOT a gimmick. Wii Sports is the gimmick. 

You should get your facts right. The Wii's attach rate is not much worse than other console's are, And I think I would take a bet that it is quite similar to the one of the PS2 at the same point in its life. Bearing that in mind, your whole conclusion is fading. Sure there are some people that only like Wii Sports, but they are no more than the ones that only liked Singstar on the PS2 and stopped using it afterwards.

You know, actually that's the way how popular consoles sell. They have a lot of "gimmicky games on it that keeps selling the hardware. Most console buyers are gimmickers. They buy a console for a specific game, play it a while and then put it away. Some time later, they may get a new game for their console to play for a while, then they again won't use it for a good while. This is why attach rates of all consoles are unbelievably low for gamers like you or me.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Look, a casual gamer is gonna buy what? 2 or 3 times in the entire lifetime of the Wii?

If a casual gamer bought a PS3, then Sony would be sunk, because there's no way they would be able to break even with just 2-3 games sold for that sucker.

The advantage is that Nintendo makes money on the console, so that casual gamers don't hurt Nintendo's bottom line.

So this is kind of like Obama vs. Hillary. Perhaps Hillary has lots of friends with deep pockets that can donate the max amount to her compaign, but Obama has a bigger pool of people (casuals as it were) that will donate like 10 bucks a piece.

But Nintendo is hoping that even if 10% of those casuals start investing more in games (i.e buys 10 games for it), then that casual will turn into a hard core gamer. Even if that hard core gamer "moves on" to the PS3 or whatever, then that's one more hard core gamer on the market -- everyone benefits!

Oh this will be intresting... *Grabs popcorn, then shot for overusing the joke.*