By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176
DD_Bwest said:
First Medals awarded!! Snowboard Slopestyle

USA Sage Kotsenburg wins Gold
NOR Staale Sandbech winds silver
CAN Mark Mcmorris wins Bronze

BOOOOOO, that was so BS =(

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
DD_Bwest said:
First Medals awarded!! Snowboard Slopestyle

USA Sage Kotsenburg wins Gold
NOR Staale Sandbech winds silver
CAN Mark Mcmorris wins Bronze

BOOOOOO, that was so BS =(

How so? I haven't seen Kotsenburgs first run, but Sandbechs 2nd was really amazing, although he had a slight mistake on that first obstacle

spurgeonryan said:

Favorite Moments? What are you eager to see?

This opening ceremony is pretty extravagant! Kind of fun actually.

I only watch Curling!!!!! Sometimes Snowboarding as well, but that is so 90's in my opinion.

I watched for the explosions  but none happened.  Me is dissapoint right now.

See? You get your Olympics thread after all

I'm watching, when I get the chance to. One of my housemates really detests the Olympics so it'll be a challenge.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

As a Norwegian the Winter Olympics is always fun. It is pretty fantastic that a nation of 5 million people are almost always in the top 3 in medals

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I only watch Curling!!!!! Sometimes Snowboarding as well, but that is so 90's in my opinion.

Here's entire Opening for whoever might have missed it:
http://russia.tv/video/show/brand_id/48863/episode_id/964832/video_id/968535/viewtype/picture

Haven't found better quality and it's not in English. Pretty darn good all around, not sure if this parade of symbolism (even though dumbed down for foreigner viewers) is crystal clear to anyone, but core idea is plain obvious.

spurgeonryan said:

You must've watched a rebroadcast because the opening ceremony happened nearly 24 hours ago.

Zappykins said:
Nope, because Putin's Russia is a terrible place and I don't want to watch people die.

Here is an upsetting UK Documentary: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3651833

Here's Putin's answer for you :D

"This's an element of competitive struggle, you have to take it as an ordinary thing... an attempt to "pinch" us here and there. There's always somone who'd like to throw in a fly in the ointment, but these people are short-sighted and doesn't really understand why they're doing it".

By the way, WTF "This service is not currently not available in your area"? So what this video is about?

Since the future belongs to Russia, China and India, I'm getting used to their culture already, so I'm enjoying it.

Despite the ring failing (Or did it fail? The red ring is often said to mean America) the opening ceremony was more interesting than the British one. And I'm sure it will be better than the Brazilian one (because we can't do anything right, obviously).

haxxiy said:
Since the future belongs to Russia, China and India, I'm getting used to their culture already, so I'm enjoying it.

Yeah, no. China probably, but Russia and India, no.