By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176

No, but hearing about the graft and facilities entertains me plenty

Around the Network

I just stop watching after the opening ceremony... Everything else I find boring... If I ever need an update, I would just google the charts

Go team Canada!

Interestingly enough, Samsung wants to try and ban all iphones in the Olympics cause they are sponsering it... quite interesting

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Loved the opening ceremony. Will watch quite a few events on TV.

I will be watching the ice hockey.

like every winter olympics i will be watching basically anything with a canadian contender. I ussually track all the canadians so i know when we have one in the finals.

Snowboard slopestyle (awesome fucking event!) is in a few hours. semi finals at like 930 sochi time, and finals a few hours later. A canadian was top of the field after the qualifying round the other nite.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

The opening ceremony was amazing. While winter sports are not really my thing, I am looking forward to some Skating and bobsleigh. Go team Jamaica!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
The opening ceremony was amazing. While winter sports are not really my thing, I am looking forward to some Skating and bobsleigh. Go team Jamaica!

There back this year!!  Im so excited to see them.  They've had a hard road to sochi, aswell as having the airlines mess up sending the luggage and equipment. 

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
menx64 said:

There back this year!!  Im so excited to see them.  They've had a hard road to sochi, aswell as having the airlines mess up sending the luggage and equipment. 

So that was true? I did see a tweet on that but I thought people were just making fun of them. Well, anyways I hope they have a great showing this time!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

pezus said:
No, I'm boycotting them

You and me both., 

And Putin is a dickhead.

Conflicting loyalties again. Do I root for my home country (The Netherlands) or Canada. Speed skating duels incoming. Oh well I'll probably miss it all again as usual, not that interested in watching sports.

The opening ceremony was a bit boring, I blame Beijing for that, and KD Lang in 2010 Vancouver. The Russian national anthem was the best performance, they have an awesome anthem.