By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Hates Campers. Is it a legitimate strategy?

Tagged games:

Is Camping a Legit Strategy?

Yes 55 45.83%

No 32 26.67%

Only with a sniper. 29 24.17%

Only if you don't know the game yet. 3 2.50%

Total:119

I'm only camping when I go fishing, or else I prefer a nice hotel.

Around the Network

Spawn camping is definitely bullshit. Camping in general isn't. If the game allows it, though, I think it should be allowed. If you don't want people spawn camping, design your game so that strategy doesn't work. Other types of camping shouldn't even be called camping. It's certainly not "playing like a twit." This is ridiculous, telling players what tactics they can and can't use.

I roam around the map a lot in games. The only time I camp/sneak is when I know I'm about to run into someone around a corner or an area. After they are dead, I continue roaming around the map.

some people don't even play the objective, they just camp. I blame the developers for designing the game like that.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Lol this can't be real? surely? Playing with Guile going to be a ban-able offense from XBL now? :D Not every fighting game can base all it's characters on rushing and 100 hit combos. Silly to blame the players for playing games to win.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

lol nice reference just watched Enemy at the gates today one of favorite movies. and camping sucks. oops meant to quote someone from page 1

HylianSwordsman said:
Spawn camping is definitely bullshit. Camping in general isn't. If the game allows it, though, I think it should be allowed. If you don't want people spawn camping, design your game so that strategy doesn't work. Other types of camping shouldn't even be called camping. It's certainly not "playing like a twit." This is ridiculous, telling players what tactics they can and can't use.

Even minecraft a 68mb PC game has spawn protection for its competitive online play, agree with you 100%, if a game isn't designed right to stop camping and abuse then that isn't the poor bastards who paid money for a poorly made games fault is it?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I don't think people are going to stop if you simply tell them. Devs need to build their game in which camping either puts you in a major disadvantage or is impossible.

For example, I really like the new Cranked game mode in COD Ghosts. If you don't get a kill within 30 seconds, you explode and die. Plus for each kill you get, you get all the rushing speed perks like quicker movement, faster reloading, unlimited sprint, etc. This makes the game where every single person is rushing around to get kills and there's almost no camping whatsoever.

UltimateUnknown said:
I don't think people are going to stop if you simply tell them. Devs need to build their game in which camping either puts you in a major disadvantage or is impossible.

For example, I really like the new Cranked game mode in COD Ghosts. If you don't get a kill within 30 seconds, you explode and die. Plus for each kill you get, you get all the rushing speed perks like quicker movement, faster reloading, unlimited sprint, etc. This makes the game where every single person is rushing around to get kills and there's almost no camping whatsoever.

Or in fighting games, Street fighter has Guile a camping character he is really high tiered. Blaz Blue has a coward debuff for camping if you do it too much you get a massive damage debuff where it takes just 1 hit to kill you almost if you keep doing it.

lt_dan_27 said:
I don't camp in every game, but camping in COD is the best strategy. Some people get butt hurt and say it's noobish. But what works, works.

noobish in Cod is running around with the nade launcher in HC mode, or running around with a Shotgun in HC mode.