By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website Issue list 2014

NiKKoM said:

Ow wow thats awesome.. Your username is coldfire? But it doesn't show up for some reason.. We'll call you the ghost of vgchartz from now on..

*mourns for RubangB*

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:

If only UserScripts.org was still alive, I'd modify the Forum Tweaks script to show the missing ignore button below 's posts, but there is evidence that people can't even get the domain name ban reason fix off pastebin. All the more reason to make me website admin, even though I don't want such punishment.

Er... sorry?  About 90% of that went over my head.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

said:
Gnac said:

If only UserScripts.org was still alive, I'd modify the Forum Tweaks script to show the missing ignore button below 's posts, but there is evidence that people can't even get the domain name ban reason fix off pastebin. All the more reason to make me website admin, even though I don't want such punishment.

• This site does not appear to have an admin with the skillset to fix serious issues, hence the reason for this thread
  • A few years (YEARS!) back, an enterprising user took the initiative to create a "userscript" to allow certain troublesome users to be ignored at the click of a button (I took over updating this script, but the host has died)
  • Your posts don't have this button, as a result of terrible implementation of the basics of user input sanitising (normally, strip_tags() would have forced you to choose a more "sane" username, but HTML is even allowed here in posts, for crying out loud)
  • It is a fucking miracle that this community hasn't been taken down by a hacker yet

In summary: Abuse these forums all you want; no-one will care.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
said:
Gnac said:

• This site does not appear to have an admin with the skillset to fix serious issues, hence the reason for this thread
  • A few years (YEARS!) back, an enterprising user took the initiative to create a "userscript" to allow certain troublesome users to be ignored at the click of a button (I took over updating this script, but the host has died)
  • Your posts don't have this button, as a result of terrible implementation of the basics of user input sanitising (normally, strip_tags() would have forced you to choose a more "sane" username, but HTML is even allowed here in posts, for crying out loud)
  • It is a fucking miracle that this community hasn't been taken down by a hacker yet

Wait, slow down a bit.  I'm not a programmer.  Are you saying my username is being blocked by the "ignore" function?

Gnac said:

Yeah its pretty amazing that the site hasn't been destroyed by hackers by now.. Its not even that you would have to try hard.. I expect we'll et taken down sooner than latter.. I wonder how gamewise is set up..

anyway coldfire's situation is clearly generated because of using brackets..  

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Oh...

Ooooooooh!!!

Crap!  You know what... I never even thought of that.  I only put them there because someone else had the name, and I thought the brackets looked kind of cool.

So... what?  The page thinks my username is a html tag, or whatever it's called?

Ok... so... how do I fix that?  Is there a way to change it now that I've already made the account?

said:

Wait, slow down a bit.  I'm not a programmer.  Are you saying my username is being blocked by the "ignore" function?

My apologies; it's not a fault of your own, and I have certainly complicated things by bringing third-party addons into the discussion. It's just that the aforementioned addon was how I confirmed the reason why you are not able to see your username.

Things inside "angle brackets", i.e. < > tend to be treated as "hypertext" (an HTML tag) when a user submits something on this site. When you registered, the database treated your username properly, but the site software cannot display it properly.

Your "raw" username should appear in HTML as "&lt;ColdFire&gt;". This is something which gets "fixed" after being run through a text input a few times, which is what makes this site such a nightmare to use (especially when using the social functions). At this point, I really suggest making a new user account with a less site-breaking username, and messaging a mod with a link to this post to explain why your IP matches with another account.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

said:
NiKKoM said:

Oh...

Ooooooooh!!!

Crap!  You know what... I never even thought of that.  I only put them there because someone else had the name, and I thought the brackets looked kind of cool.

So... what?  The page thinks my username is a html tag, or whatever it's called?

Ok... so... how do I fix that?  Is there a way to change it now that I've already made the account?

Yeah the site basicly sees it as a tag and hides everthing between it hench the username isn't showing.. Its not your fault, there should have been a warning that brackets weren't allowed when you created your acount.. If we still had a programmer working for the site he could change it but your only option is to ask ioi (the owner if the site, he changed his account name from ioi to brett and back again) or make another account..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ban reason links not working

new games need to be in the database box art and all

Play Me

Gnac said:
said:

My apologies; it's not a fault of your own, and I have certainly complicated things by bringing third-party addons into the discussion. It's just that the aforementioned addon was how I confirmed the reason why you are not able to see your username.

Things inside "angle brackets", i.e. < > tend to be treated as "hypertext" (an HTML tag) when a user submits something on this site. When you registered, the database treated your username properly, but the site software cannot display it properly.

Your "raw" username should appear in HTML as "". This is something which gets "fixed" after being run through a text input a few times, which is what makes this site such a nightmare to use (especially when using the social functions). At this point, I really suggest making a new user account with a less site-breaking username, and messaging a mod with a link to this post to explain why your IP matches with another account.

Yeah, I see that now.  I realized what I'd done as soon as NiKKoM said it was the brackets.

Well... damn.  Do mods post on the forums at any particular time?  And more to the point, why aren't you a mod?  You seem to know a bit about this. :P

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it.