By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More than 2.1 Million PS4 Owners Got PlayStation Plus

Dark_Feanor said:

3,5mi is still to low to support a 100mi + subscribers community.

I know 4 people with more than one account. It's easy when it is free to play online on PS3/Vita.

How many paying Gold members are there compared to registered users and compared to consoles sold?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
WoW expected way more than that.

lol

Seriously 4.2 million PS4s sold... I would expect that nearly all early adopters want to play online.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The Fury said:
Dark_Feanor said:

3,5mi is still to low to support a 100mi + subscribers community.

I know 4 people with more than one account. It's easy when it is free to play online on PS3/Vita.

How many paying Gold members are there compared to registered users and compared to consoles sold?

About 70% of active Xbox Live users, I have to check is latter thought.

Update:  Well, it appears that 50% attached rate is the level of Gold Subscribers back in 2010.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/02/microsoft-only-50-percent-of-xbox-live-users-pay-for-gold-subscription/

On the other hand since than Microsoft never again spoke of how many Gold subscribers they have.

http://www.slashgear.com/steam-users-eclipse-xbox-live-psn-still-far-and-away-tops-30303588/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/20/always-on-microsoft-xbox-live-subscriptions-up-to-46m-will-never-be-free/

all early adopters already had ps+ on ps3 and/or vita. Probably...

DirtyP2002 said:
Arcturus said:
DirtyP2002 said:

lol

Seriously 4.2 million PS4s sold... I would expect that nearly all early adopters want to play online.

Clearly they don't,  50% ratio is about the same as xbox live?

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Full year or 3 month though. Time will tell but I doubt the install base will remain at 50%. PS+ is only really worth it for select months, I'd say 3/4 of the year, PS+ is crap.

You need it to play online though.

What about the service is crap?

DirtyP2002 said:
Arcturus said:
DirtyP2002 said:

lol

I think your expectation that everyone has an interest in playing online is a bit unrealistic.

DirtyP2002 said:
Arcturus said:
DirtyP2002 said:

lol

did you forget the xbone reveal so quickly?!    ...a lot of gamers don't play online.

Well, people have to get it now, because Sony is forcing them by releasing game after game with tacked on Online-multi...oh, wait

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

GribbleGrunger said:
I still can't understand why Sony doesn't advertise PS+.

I imagine you get a notification when you try to play online. That is the only advertisment a gamer will ever need to get PS Plus :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.