By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: "Microsoft will buy Epic Games for $1 billion this summer!"

PS3WiiXbox360 said:
Not if they are going to buy google for 40 billion

You mean Yahoo.

Don't worry about that, Microsoft has enough cash flow to be able to buy a $1 B company without any problem, even if they spend $40 B on Yahoo. The proposed $40 B deal is not even all in cash, half of it is in stocks, so Microsoft will just have to contract a small amount of debt (which it can pay back in less than a year if they want to).

If Microsoft wants to buy Epic, money will not be the problem.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

They did miss out on bungie, so going to their second guy is an idea. Also they'll get more money for unreal engine licensing

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

If they do it will be the ultimate combination. microsoft will be able to fully use the unreal III engine and gears 2 will be kick @$$.

Vive le microsoft!!

If MS bought Epic why do you all think they wouldn't continue to license out the UE3 engine? That's making them money so why stop.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

one billion MILLION kazillion dollars!

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
PS3WiiXbox360 said:

You mean Yahoo.

Don't worry about that, Microsoft has enough cash flow to be able to buy a $1 B company without any problem, even if they spend $40 B on Yahoo. The proposed $40 B deal is not even all in cash, half of it is in stocks, so Microsoft will just have to contract a small amount of debt (which it can pay back in less than a year if they want to).

i dont think ms would be in debt at all.  im pretty sure they have a crapload of cash (i think like 35 billion) on hand.

also, does anyone remember the multi stage epic-sony deal?  whats up with that?

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

If MS did buy them they should let devs use the UE3 for free in exchange for 360 exclusive games, thereby instantly saving them $500,000.

soccerdrew17 said:
NJ5 said:
PS3WiiXbox360 said:

You mean Yahoo.

i dont think ms would be in debt at all. im pretty sure they have a crapload of cash (i think like 35 billion) on hand.

also, does anyone remember the multi stage epic-sony deal? whats up with that?

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/130975.asp

They have $21 billion in cash. They used to have $60 billion but paid off a big dividend to shareholders at some point - $3 per share. I wish I had had Microsoft shares at that time :O

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Very smart from Microsoft they need to secure more exclusives

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

ssj12 said:
it will never happen. Epic is just like Valve. Independent and powerful.

Cha-ching!

You hit the nail right on it's head.

Blizzard is one of those companies too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!