By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega in take-over danger?!

i would love to see nintendo get a hold of them

Around the Network

From the talented team at VGC, introducing the new Sonic Adventure, exclusive to Nintendo Wii:

^hahahaha Paint for the win.

AOA, that looks like a fun game, better than anything Sonic Team could do.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Sony buy them NOW!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

As I said before If Nintendo wants Sega, Sega will be theirs. MS has tried to buy Sega before and the sale was turned down. Sega has tried to sell themselves to Nintendo before and Nintendo turned them down. I am not saying MS can't buy Sega but they have a more difficult road.

Sony can use that 433 million they...lost...to buy... wait...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

nobody mentioned Sony yet. :P

If Sony really wants to compete with not just Microsoft, it will buy Sega, How much is the company`s stock at? and add about 50% premium on that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well, i guess Nintendo could actually buy SEGA. Because they have been collaborating and SEGA has so far only seen succes on the Wii (this generation). Their good partnership could make the shareholders decide to do it if/when Nintendo makes an acceptable offer.

However, it won't be cheap.

Microsoft won't be able to buy it, SEGA already turned them down once! Sony also has a little shot because the ties between SEGA and Nintendo are strong and growing as we speak! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Yeah, Nintendo needs to jump on this. They seem to be the most likely candidate too, with how closely they work with Sega. Sony can't justify purchasing a videogame company given their videogame financial woes, Sega doesn't want to be bought by microsoft (though, they could be persuaded.) Nintendo has a boatload of money sitting around, and close ties and history with Sega.

What I wouldn't do to see a 3d sonic game with Nintendo quality. Sega has great IPs and not enough money to buy talent to use those IPs well.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.