By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo... Why is dark souls 2 rated T?

F0X said:
For the same reason why Ace Attorney 5 got a M rating. The ESRB knows what it's doing.

Sometimes I think it's like a review team; game A goes to Mike, he does what he thinks; game B goes to Serra, she goes with how she's feeling that day, and so on.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Rated T for Tears.

Dgc1808 said:
F0X said:
For the same reason why Ace Attorney 5 got a M rating. The ESRB knows what it's doing.

Sometimes I think it's like a review team; game A goes to Mike, he does what he thinks; game B goes to Serra, she goes with how she's feeling that day, and so on.

Naw. They get together and discuss each game, then the winner of the mandatory Mario Kart competition decides which rating gets applied. Of course, since only one person is allowed to represent each proposed rating, some employees will lobby for substantially lower/higher ratings just to get a chance to play. And upon winning, the employee will make a more logical ratings determinaton, albiet not remotely based on the results of the earlier discussion.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I want it to be R18 :P

mtu9356 said:
Only reason Dark Souls got a M rating is because of the Quelaag fight. So don't expect any "nudity" in Dark Souls 2.

There's a boss in dark souls 2 described as being topless with hair covering her nipples lol. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Are there nudity in the game? Or heavy blood? T is fine for it.

There's a boss made of corpses, bosses mostly nude, torture devices, mutilated bodies etc. That's M. I don't know, the game also just generally feels more mature.