By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "MotorStorm sold more than 3 million copies worldwide"

I wish people would stop talking about bundles.... I imagine about 1/3 were bundled but so what, it is still a game in peoples hands... more specifically a good game.

Around the Network

I personally found Motorstorm to be a somewhat bland experience, reminded me of the old MonsterTruck Madness games released by Microsoft, and not in a good way... MT Madness was fine back then, Motorstorm really should be so much more.
But, its still nice to see some million sellers on the PS3, bundles or no.

MUMMELMANN!!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!! AT LONG LAST!!!!

Ive played Motorstorm a few times and have been struggling to find a word to describe it. BLAND!!!! It just simply wasn't fun. It looked ok, but not great. It played ok, but not great. In the end it really deserved the mediocre reviews it got.

Bundles don't exactly evenly distribute games based on their quality. For example, the fantastic and far superior Viva Pinata is only up to 1.2 million (to make the comparison fair call it 1.5 for shipped) even with its bundling.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

tombi123 said:
You don't have to buy the Motorstorm bundle to get a PS3 though...

Maybe not right now, but in Europe you had to a few months ago.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
tombi123 said:

Standalone versions were available, currently we have several bundles in the Netherlands. The Uncharted + R&C IMO being the best deal, bundles with Heavenly Sword or Assassin's Creed also exist, next to standalone.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Good for Evolution studios...

So the PS3's only 3 million+ seller is a pack-in? LOL :) All kidding aside good for Evolution Studios.

MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
tombi123 said:

Standalone versions were available, currently we have several bundles in the Netherlands. The Uncharted + R&C IMO being the best deal, bundles with Heavenly Sword or Assassin's Creed also exist, next to standalone.

Did you notice the part where I wrote "a few months ago"? I'm talking about the Starter Pack period.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mummelmann said:
I personally found Motorstorm to be a somewhat bland experience, reminded me of the old MonsterTruck Madness games released by Microsoft, and not in a good way... MT Madness was fine back then, Motorstorm really should be so much more.
But, its still nice to see some million sellers on the PS3, bundles or no.

I liked it, but it was really lacking on things like tracks and other content.

Well it makes me the more curious how many of those Motorstorm owners will buy the sequel.

I still dont own it, and wont do so untill Home trophies see the light of day.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.