By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "MotorStorm sold more than 3 million copies worldwide"

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92872

Congrats to Evolution Studios for successfully introducing its new franchise!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

That first party firm's ability to create million sellers through bundling is incredible. I add my congratulations to that of MikeB.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

yay, bundles forever!

on other news, Marvel Ultimate Alliance also sold over a million!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yes, and you dont see anyone making a thread about it neos

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

News flash people. Nintendo just managed to push a bit over one million copies of Wii sports. Congrats Ninny!

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
starcraft said:
That first party firm's ability to create million sellers through bundling is incredible. I add my congratulations to that of MikeB.

I think it's very important for establishing new franchises, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction will be helped a lot by the new European bundles as well. This will help shape the market for when Uncharted 2 hits the market.

I saw many Gears and Halo 3 bundles for the 360 as well, but Halo 3 doesn't really need a bundle to sell as the Halo franchise is already well established, I think that bundle is mostly intended to push more hardware.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Wojtas said:
News flash people. Nintendo just managed to push a bit over one million copies of Wii sports. Congrats Ninny!

I have seen many just such threads, come on people do you care about game sales or not? This is the sales forum. 3 million units is an excellent figure for the introduction of a new franchise and the current install base.

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Wojtas said:

I have seen many just such threads, come on people do you care about game sales or not? This is the sales forum.

more than 50% of those motorstorm sales are from bundles, so they aren't actual sales, just like wii sports isn't.

Where do i get that percentage from? I pulled it from my ass, sounds familiar huh =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

This seems to agree with VGC (300k difference for sold to shipped)

You don't have to buy the Motorstorm bundle to get a PS3 though...