By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV SHIPS 32.5 Million Copies!!! (One of the best selling non bundled games ever!)

kirby007 said:
Boutros said:
kirby007 said:
Boutros said:
kirby007 said:
Boutros said:
And almost all of those sales were at full price with an occasional 20$ discount. That's crazy. Revenue-wise it's probably the highest grossing video game ever.

World of warcraft called

Hmm right but let's keep it to consoles because some games on mobiles might have outsold it too.

sorry, didn't read that in your first post

Anyways WoW isn't a video game it's a drug. Get your facts right noob.

go level your lolpaladin scrub

What's wrong with paladins? xd

Around the Network

It was bundled with the PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B00DBKSN8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391474927&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+gta+5+bundle

Nintendo Network: xavi707

PSN: xavi0707

Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:
Proof that strong brand name can sell a turd.

As can ultra positive word of mouth, it seems.

It's all a conspiracy....GTAV was actually hated!!!!!111

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
bananaking21 said:
insane. this just proofs that this is gaming strongest brand.

I was worried COD had overtaken it due to the past few years.

But...NO!

What I find funny is how GTAIV underperformed compared to Mario Kart Wii back in the day (they came out round the same time)

And now at the end of the gen GTAV gets REVENGE!

Mario Kart Wii is a game on one console and it was probably a lot cheaper to produce(plus took less time to develop). What revenge are you talking about lol? 

Anyway, don't know if GTA V deserves the sales or not, got bored with the franchise after GTA Vice City. 

And Mario Kart Wii is still €45 here by the way. 

Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
bananaking21 said:

But...NO!

What I find funny is how GTAIV underperformed compared to Mario Kart Wii back in the day (they came out round the same time)

Mario Kart Wii is a game on one console and it was probably a lot cheaper to produce(plus took less time to develop). What revenge are you talking about lol? 

Anyway, don't know if GTA V deserves the sales or not, got bored with the franchise after GTA Vice City. 

Mate you weren't here in 2008 when GTAIV got its ass handed out to it by MK Wii & the Wii destroyed PS360 in sales in GTAIV launch month!

I still harbour scars from that year...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
bananaking21 said:

But...NO!

Mate you weren't here in 2008 when GTAIV got its ass handed out to it by MK Wii & the Wii destroyed PS360 in sales in GTAIV launch month!

It wasn't that bad, really

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

all those people saying oh it was bundled, so that just means people bought more ps3 because of it. dont think it gained many sales just by being default bundled. its the kind of bundle you would get only if you wanted GTA 5. face it that is one of the biggest successes ever.

darthdevidem01 said:
Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
bananaking21 said:

But...NO!

GTA V is like the average student who works really hard and gets good grades while Mario Kart Wii is the lazy genius who gets the highest grades and flaunts them in your face. 

And for the record, grades represent sales in my analogy, not review scores. 

Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
bananaking21 said:

But...NO!

GTA V is like the average student who works really hard and gets good grades while Mario Kart Wii is the lazy genius who gets the highest grades and flaunts them in your face. 

Looking at that I can't help but wonder why complexity of a game is a factor for some on sales/revenue.

surely, MKWii is simpler and smaller than GTA, but is it really a problem? I had SO MUCH fun playing Mario Kart Wii with my friends, 4 of us, all on Wii Wheels/remote sideways. Playing GTA V with them was nice, but it wasn't a good laugh. We played, we danced with the prostitues, did some missions. Nice, surely, but not that fun in a funny way.

Both of the games deserve their sales. And they really aren't for different demographics - they just cater to 2 different kinds of "fun". I like both, but played much more mario Kart, even though there is so much less space and options.

Samus Aran said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Samus Aran said:

what sales r u talking about? GTA V is right behind MK Wii and will likely outsell it too.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]