By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Now Details From BETA Tester: Trophies & Multiplayer Supported, “Playable” On “Craptacular” Internet

kitler53 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
KingKazuma34 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
KingKazuma34 said:
Really interested in this due to the PS4 having no backwards compatibility. If all PS3 games came out on this, then I can finally just sell my PS3 to clear up room in my setup.

I just wish my saves transfers over but oh well.

Cant you just use PS+ to upload your saves to the online cloud storage and be able to use them like that? Or is that not a feature yet?

I don't think so....?

there might be more than one way to interprete this but they said playstation now will:

"An important part of PlayStation Now is that save files will move with you, as Harper explained, “Good news! Your save files with PS Now games move with you from any PSN now enabled and supported device. With games hosted in the cloud, you can truly take your game with you – just log in with you SEN account and your games and progress will be instantly available.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/01/07/playstation-now-5mbps-recommended-us-mainland-at-first-save-files-move-lots-more/

i'd personally take that as cloud saves are part of this.

Thanks, Kitler.

Around the Network

If it works that well at 5, I should be good. If Sony wants to keep the hype train rolling along, they could make this free lol. Won't happen but I can dream.

NYANKS said:
If it works that well at 5, I should be good. If Sony wants to keep the hype train rolling along, they could make this free lol. Won't happen but I can dream.

The thing is, if the thing actually works, I really don't mind paying for it. I just hope it does hit the UK in 2015 like the slide said.

NYANKS said:

i think that is the most difficult part..

Feel,. like you said, "lol".

Pay per title?  if it is just ps3 titles i'm not likely to buy many more of those so i probably wouldn't use the service in that case.

subscription? again, if just ps3 titles i'm not sure i want to pay any "extra" subscription to get old games.

bundled with ps+?  hell yeah!,..  but that's kind of like free.  does ps+ cost enough to cover this?  I know i'd love to have my ps+ games via this service though instead of taking up valuable harddrive space.

ethomaz said:
This guy posted on GAF too... a lot of guys will be surprised how good this service works... it will run fine over mobile LTE (4G).

They just need to launch a 4G vita then x)

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
5 Mb isn't exactly craptacular but it is what i have so i'm covered!!

It is compared with my cellphone internet with less than 50% of the signal...

Sony could easily use this to add value to PS+ for PS4 users. I free streamable PS3 game a month would be a good idea in my opinion.

The PS5 Exists. 

ethomaz said:
kitler53 said:

It is compared with my cellphone internet with less than 50% of the signal...

It's the ping you need to worry about more.

This is probably going to be the future of gaming Id imagine.

kitler53 said:

It's not good if you ask me. I always tell people 6mb minimum. I have 18 now but I'll probably drop to 12 soon just cause I don't need it to be so fast I can wait for my blurays to download.

I'm glad the service works well so many PS3 games I want to play that I never got a chance to. Mainly RPGs but a few actions games, valkryie is the one I'm really looking forward to.