By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - BREAKING: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead

Drugs made him an actor.

Around the Network
chapset said:
Heroin is such a sweet sweet drug, but not many people can control its furor. RIP

I detest heroin. And before you say I dont know about drugs or anything I use marajuana and take mdma about 6 times a year. Tried coke qhen I qas younger ( pointless ) and tried acid. I dont drink much once or twice a year. Alcohol is a legal drug. So pretty much everyone takes drugs in some form for recreation.

Isn't he the guy who said he sharted his pants?

He was one of the best current US actors.

Whenever I saw Hoffman in a movie I always imagined what career this actor could have had if he was born 3 decades earlier. In the 60s/70s he could have worked with Scorsese, Altman, Coppola, Forman, Lumet, Pakula, Allen, Siegel, Peckinpah in their prime. He would have been a rival to young De Niro, Pacino, Nicholson, Hackman and others for quite some "New Hollywood" roles.

Favorite movies with PSH:
Boogie Nights
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Almost Famous
Capote
25th Hour
Nobody's Fool
Magnolia

R.I.P.

Why??? Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the most consistent actors out there. Its too bad he had to do that to himself but that's how bad choices go I guess.

Around the Network

My older brother died of a heroine overdose over 20 years ago. Good thing I'm very afraid of needles I could never do that stuff. Anyway very sad news especially since he left behind three young children.

Was he on your list of dead celebrities for 2014 d21lewis?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Such a sad thing, he was a very talented actor, loved him in Along Came Polly and Drunk Punch Love

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

badgenome said:
Damn, he's gonna miss the Super Bowl.

God dammit badgenome, even in the saddest of times you have something funny to say.

Amazing actor, RIP

Nintendo and PC gamer

heroin.. Its a demon that will stay with you a long time. My brother is a heroin addict(trying to recover).. I've seen him relapse so many times. I will admit that Ive used it, although not IV. I actually dont like the feeling of morphine and heroin. but I know how powerful addiction can be having felt it and got over it. ( my problems was with amphetamines)

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz