By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 has sold 10.5M units according to AP.

Once vgchartz adds the 70K+Canadian sales it undertracked the PS3 in january and the data from last week it will be quite close to that number .And if they dont add that data ,we know whos wrong .

Besides ,the shipped number was 10.5 at 31 dec (5.56 until september and 4.9 in the final quarter after Sonys fiscal information ) so right now at 18 february it must have shipped some more dont you think ?

Around the Network
ioi said:
Exactly, the problem was with the original post. Had he come in and said "how come these numbers are different, can someone explain" then maybe he would have been greeted in a friendly manner, rather than signing up just to attempt to tell us that we are wrong, when in fact it is him who is wrong.

Kind of annoying, wouldn't you agree?

What on earth are you blabbering about, where does he claim either one is right? His exact words were -

'PS3 has sold 10.5M units ACCORDING to AP.'

'Much more than the 9.94 that VG has said it sold.'

He was merely pointing out the difference, he doesn't claim outright that VGC numbers are wrong. 

There's no excuse for the hostile remarks made by senior members, it's sad to see the owner of the site defending them.

Vgchartz is doing OK ,they cant track very accurately european numbers and had some mistakes with january data in the US but for that we have the GFK reports (or Gamecharts ) that leak here and there to correct numbers (as the UK ones regarding the PS3 last week ) and in US numbers we now have the NPD data and corrections will be made I suppose .

As long as corrections are being made when new data arises everything is good .

As for shipped data ...they were at 10.5 at 31 dec .They changed their estimations to 9.5 in the fiscal year so some 13.05 LTD .Now they are in the middle of that period until end march so must have shipped 1.25 more .So approximately right now at 18 february they must have shipped 11.75 million .

And about sold to customers I dont know .I think once the NA data is adjustes and new data for last week enter it will have some 250K units more so about 10.2 million sold .I also have some concerns with german data ,the GFk figure wasnt very clear if it included the holidays week or not ,and in any case even if it was effectively for 31 dec the PS3 was overtracked by 70K not by the massive 140K it was brought down .I think a 10.3 million sold to customers right now is the correct place to stand .And thats very close to 10.5 I would say .

X-Man said:
ioi said:
Exactly, the problem was with the original post. Had he come in and said "how come these numbers are different, can someone explain" then maybe he would have been greeted in a friendly manner, rather than signing up just to attempt to tell us that we are wrong, when in fact it is him who is wrong.

Kind of annoying, wouldn't you agree?

What on earth are you blabbering about, where does he claim either one is right? His exact words were -

'PS3 has sold 10.5M units ACCORDING to AP.'

'Much more than the 9.94 that VG has said it sold.'

He was merely pointing out the difference, he doesn't claim outright that VGC numbers are wrong.

There's no excuse for the hostile remarks made by senior members, it's sad to see the owner of the site defending them.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for Willow's second post in the thread (which I replied to above):

Willow said:
Imthelegend said:
Sony has sold to retailers. Vgchartz is sell to customers.

I doubt there are only 600k ps3s ww on shelfs right now.

This clearly shows that he/she wasn't willing to believe Vgchartz's numbers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@ Willow

Yeah, you should never post news that is even remotely able to look good for PS3. You WILL get ripped to shredds.

Around the Network

Slandering Vgchartz numbers on another site is one thing, I can't say that no one should be allowed to vent in another forum, but signing up with an account solely to debate the numbers' validity is sheer idiocy and plenty rude both to proprietor and users alike.

Sony announced 10m shipped in december... So it can't be 10.5m shipped now...

DMeisterJ said:
@ Willow

Yeah, you should never post news that is even remotely able to look good for PS3. You WILL get ripped to shredds.

Someone ban this man for good please.

I mean WTF, man? Have you even read the damn thread? It's not that we don't like Sony around here, it's you Sony fanboys with the pre-programmed "we must protect all Sony fanboys no matter how stupid they are" script in your brains. That's not all Sony fanboys thank goodness, but yes you're one of the stupid ones and it would do me great pleasure to see you permantly banned. I've REALLY had enough of your ignorance and it would be the smart thing to do to improve your attitude around here or suffer the consequences.

Chrizum said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Willow

Someone ban this man for good please.

I mean WTF, man? Have you even read the damn thread? It's not that we don't like Sony around here, it's you Sony fanboys with the pre-programmed "we must protect all Sony fanboys no matter how stupid they are" script in your brains. That's not all Sony fanboys thank goodness, but yes you're one of the stupid ones and it would do me great pleasure to see you permantly banned. I've REALLY had enough of your ignorance and it would be the smart thing to do to improve your attitude around here or suffer the consequences.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Chrizum.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The guy is clearly one of the many that sign up just to create some debate about how VGC numbers are wrong. So why is this constantly being turned into a "EVERYBODY HATES SONY, ONLEE WII CLIQUE ON DIS BORDD!"

I don't have anything against Sony fans but the victim card is getting a little old, one can only take so much of "The Wii army is out to get me!" for every single argument. And it's always the Sony fans on this board.

Also: ioi and the mods, it's pretty clear that X-Man needs a good ban. I've been seeing his posts since the NPD numbers came and it's pretty obvious that his only purpose here is to be a hostile presence solely bent on attacking the numbers and ioi in general.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"