By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 has sold 10.5M units according to AP.

People get touchy because someone brings it up every once in a while. There's only so many "demands" we can take.

A) These are shipped numbers>

B) These are sales at the end of third quarter, we keep track of sales weekly.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Not everyone knows about shipped vs retail. Why do we assume? Is it that much to inform people without being an ass. Every time I see a new person, people shoot em down; others jump in and further bash them. So what! not everyone here is a expert in sales. Actually there is probably only a few experts... the rest are wannabes.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Not everyone knows about shipped vs retail. Why do we assume? Is it that much to inform people without being an ass. Every time I see a new person, people shoot em down; others jump in and further bash them. So what! not everyone here is a expert in sales. Actually there is probably only a few experts... the rest are wannabes.

I'm not sure who's being an ass here. Look at the OP, he never understood what the hell the figures he listed meant, then proceeds to use it to call VGChartz wrong straight off (not to mention the account was created for the sole purpose of doing this). He could have ask why the numbers differed and we would have explained it to him. However, he did not do that, did he? Now, considering this happens on what, a monthly basis, everybody's patience has grown thin. Besides, you're only siding with him because it concerns the PS3, anyways.

@ Total Don't assume I'm siding with Willow due to ps3... Although it helps :P But I get sick of the way people welcome new people here - even Wii fans. I just feel we can do a better job in welcoming new members and guests. Sometimes, it takes alot for people to post. VG has more guest reading the forum then being a member. It would be great if people who are guest to post without feeling they will be put down or have to debate everything.

This site is pretty much a wii clique.

Unleash The Beast!  

Got to agree with total here. Willow wanted to start a argument by claiming the numbers are wrong. He didn't ask why the numbers don't match. Just assumed vgchartz was wrong. For a first impression not a good start.

Around the Network
Willow said:
Imthelegend said:
Sony has sold to retailers. Vgchartz is sell to customers.

I doubt there are only 600k ps3s ww on shelfs right now.

It's a pretty normal number for PS3s sitting on shelves, judging from past data. There are tens of thousands of gaming stores in the world, multiply that by 5-20 PS3s sitting on each store and you quickly get into the hundreds of thousands.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

finalsquall said:
@ Total Don't assume I'm siding with Willow due to ps3... Although it helps :P But I get sick of the way people welcome new people here - even Wii fans. I just feel we can do a better job in welcoming new members and guests. Sometimes, it takes alot for people to post. VG has more guest reading the forum then being a member. It would be great if people who are guest to post without feeling they will be put down or have to debate everything.

This site is pretty much a wii clique.

If someone came here making a thread saying that an AP article states Nintendo has sold 22 million Wii consoles, accusing VGChartz of being wrong and off by 500,000 and the users respond harshly, I don't think you would even bother replying but to move on with your main point. I visit a lot of "Hi, I'm a new user" threads and there are plenty of nice welcomings from users, including me (sometimes). However, does that mean every user deserves a welcome? Is every user that joins this site have an innocent intent and just wants to contribute? Look at the OP, he created the account only to accuse VGChartz of being wrong so why should he deserve a warm welcome? If users join in just because they want to without having ulterior motives, people here do give them warm welcomes. Hell, even bruceongames got a nice welcome before we actually got to know him.

whoops wrong button.

@ total... sure the ps3 interest me and the wii doesn't. But I am a fan of VGC. I believe VGC to be a good basis of sales for consoles. So when it comes to people putting down VGC numbers - I always side with VGC even for the wii. So your little story would fail ... sorry.

It shouldn't matter if a person has intentions to annoy or stirr stuff. Why can't we be bigger people. Anyways, if he was trying to annoy people, why does he only have 2 post. If it were me, I'd be causing havok if my intention was to piss people off. I think he was being ligit. This is all imo.

Unleash The Beast!  

This is kind of a pointless discussion. Had Sony really sold 10.5M units to end users by end of 2007, they would have been in range of their original 11M forecast by end of fiscal year (and they would have made _a lot_ of noise about that success). The fact that Sony reduced their goal to 9M immediately proves that the 10.5M units is sold to distributors. End of discussion.