By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone think having an Anime forum here would be a good idea?

I've noticed that the Off Topic forum seems to get a fair amount of posts about anime, particularly from people who are just getting into it.  Maybe an anime forum that includes recommendations, reviews, and general talk about classic, current, and upcoming anime might attract more people to the site.  I realize that this site is about videogame sales and videogame discussion in general but anime is related enough that it probably wouldn't take anything away from the site's main focus.

Around the Network

NO

maybe an anime sub-foum in the off-topic section

I don't think Anime's popular enough for a dedicated forum, however having you mentioned it I have a question, look out for my exciting new thread coming soon!

only after a sports forum!!!

Around the Network

I think it might work well enough. Video game nerds tned to also be anime nerds so I think it is worth a shot. I think it would be fun to have.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

No. And I don't see how they're related enough to warrant that. I'd probably go for a book or movie forum over a forum dedicated to Japanese animation.

The current setup is fine. It's off-topic, and people are discussing it in the Off Topic Discussion forum. Seems fitting to me.

Normally, I would say yes, but seeing how the front page is set up by linking the recent forum topics to under the Hot Topic section, it definitely is a bad idea.

I don't suppose you want the front page to flood with a couple of anime topics, an add to it a couple of suggestion topics, and then a couple of anime discussion threads, do you?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

No, because then basketball fans and birdwatchers will demand their own forums and VGChartz will cease to be a gaming board.

No. Off Topic belongs in Off Topic.