By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah Final Fantasy VII has a huge campaign in the US. It was on in prime time on across several stations for several months. It was the first RPG to have a legit ad campaign in the US.

Around the Network

Which by the way is why i believe Sony actual deserved to get all the Final Fantasy games they've gotten.

Well actually i think they deserved better Final Fantasy games then they got but that's besides the point. I wish more RPGs would have legit add campaigns.

That is one of the two main things I think Sony can be credited with. They proved that RPGs could sell in the West and they also showed that consoles can sell well in Europe. The PS1 by itself more than doubled the combined sales of the SNES and Genesis in Europe.

Darcrequiem ,I said that I was under the impression that most Sony haters were of the "Hate FFVII-VIII-X-XII but luv IX " mould .Being a Sony hater doesnt mean not having had a PS1 back in the day mind you .Look at Kasz216 ,hes a Sony hater if ever there was one and sounds like the prophet of all the SOny haters out there but claims having had a PS1 once .The converses are the worst of all .

Late I gave my opinion and reasoning on wich was better and why and developed my thoughts on all the titles .

BUT you had to come saying as fact that "FFVII is the worst and its not a good game " .Not your opinion ,not saying any reasoning ,just stating it was the worst and it not being a good game .

I have already told you in Japan FFVII is the most regarded of all .So your opinion seems to be in the minority .

THe IGN ratings are useless comparing games of different generations .Maniac Miner could have been a great 1981 game that received a 9.5 but in 1984 it was a 4.0 game .A extreme example so you can get my point .If FFVI had been released like it was on the PS1 it would have received a very bad score .

Now you and Kasz216 and all the others contirbutions just reinforce me in my opinion .SOny Haters=FFVII whiners .

And it doesnt matter you are ten or 100 .This website is one of the more annoying fanboys-wise ,and Nintendo fanboys-wise specially .But that you are 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000 doesnt change a thing .You arent in possesion of the truth by sheer number ,and supporting each other between you only makes the whole bunch look fanboy and weak .

@Diomedes:

Your post is yet another example of total nonsense. FFVII was probably the most-played of the entire series, so the chance of it having a greater fanbase than lesser-played games is obviously higher. FFVI was released on PS1 and has a Gamerankings average of 85%, and was later released on GBA and has a Gamerankings average of 91%. The Gamerankings average for FFIX is actually HIGHER than it is for FFVII.

Also, if you're going to tell me that if FFVII was released "as-is" on a current platform that it wouldn't be mocked relentlessly, then you're clearly even more clueless than your previous posts suggest.

The platform or the company who makes it really makes no difference to most people. What makes the difference is the quality of the game itself. It may be difficult for you to grasp, but try, please do try.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Darcrequiem ,I said that I was under the impression that most Sony haters were of the "Hate FFVII-VIII-X-XII but luv IX " mould .Being a Sony hater doesnt mean not having had a PS1 back in the day mind you .Look at Kasz216 ,hes a Sony hater if ever there was one and sounds like the prophet of all the SOny haters out there but claims having had a PS1 once .The converses are the worst of all .

Late I gave my opinion and reasoning on wich was better and why and developed my thoughts on all the titles .

BUT you had to come saying as fact that "FFVII is the worst and its not a good game " .Not your opinion ,not saying any reasoning ,just stating it was the worst and it not being a good game .

I have already told you in Japan FFVII is the most regarded of all .So your opinion seems to be in the minority .

THe IGN ratings are useless comparing games of different generations .Maniac Miner could have been a great 1981 game that received a 9.5 but in 1984 it was a 4.0 game .A extreme example so you can get my point .If FFVI had been released like it was on the PS1 it would have received a very bad score .

Now you and Kasz216 and all the others contirbutions just reinforce me in my opinion .SOny Haters=FFVII whiners .

And it doesnt matter you are ten or 100 .This website is one of the more annoying fanboys-wise ,and Nintendo fanboys-wise specially .But that you are 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000 doesnt change a thing .You arent in possesion of the truth by sheer number ,and supporting each other between you only makes the whole bunch look fanboy and weak .

Right... I'm a sony hater.

Is it because I own a PS1, and a PS2. (Both of which were my favorite consoles of their respective generations.) 

Or is it because my next two hardware purchases are likely going to be a PSP and PS3? (PSP I once again much perfer to the DS.)

Or is it because I constantly shoot down your half baked attempts to get numbers changed by faulty data and made up statistics. (Mediacrate covers 90% of the market!)

If anything, people should accuse me of being a microsoft hater... as I really had nothing positve to say about the original Xbox other then it worked really well as a TV media center, as the only two people I knew who owned them had them modded and used them to download movies off the internet and put them up on their TVs.

Also i can't help but laugh at the bolded part... as oddly, you being the actual hater... of all things not Playstation 3 constantly deem the PS3 is the best despite the fact that that the general populous seems to disagree with you.

Popular Opinion doesn't equal quality. Most hardcore RPG fans who have been playing since RPG's origins or even before on the computer don't think FF7 is very good. Or at least it seems that way. It's not because they are Nintendo Fanboys. It's because they've just had a lot more expierence with RPGS.

Much how soemone who has seen most of the AFI's top 100 movies isn't going to quite be as impressed with "Big Mama's House 3: The Reckoning" as the average person.

Diomedes1976 said:

It's funny that you tossed out terms like "you must be on crack to think..", "Nintendo fanboys..", or how FFVI was revered because people were little kiddies when they played it. Yet you dare to attack me for stating that its the worst game and not a good game. You have some nerve Diomedes, so you know what I am going to have Blu3/Leo-J/Diomedes1976 moment and set my maturity aside..

It is the worst game in the series and not a good game. IN MY OPINION. You completely ignore the fact that I blew your paltry and ridicious "Sony hater" argument out of the water. The fact that you ddin't even bother to address it proves it. You can site all the reviews that you like and I could site reviews saying Halo is the best FPS ever when you, I, and this whole board knows thats bull shit. Tell me why you think FFVII pushed the genre. It took a half assed tech setting jacked from Phantasy Star, a more flawed version of the Esper system taken from FFVI (materia), reduced the party size, took away the individual unique character skills, had inferior music quality to its cart based prequel despite being on CD, cut down the on the number of items that could be equipped, etc. etc. etc. The only think the FFVII did was proved that RPG could sell in the west with a strong ad campaign.

*Please note that all my statements regarding Final Fantasy VII are my opinion. This note is for the mentally challenged aka Diomedes that don't know that forum posts reflect the opinion of the poster. Correction, I apologize to the mentally challenged as they are not as dense as Diomedes and don't blame everything on "Sony haters." They also don't cherry pick information by sighting reviews when it support HIS opinion yet chides them whenever they don't reflect is opinion see any Diomedes posts in topics using Gamerankings, Metacritc, etc. when comparing multiplatform PS3 and 360 game reviews.

I actually disliked both FF7 and FF9. I prefer FF8 :D I love that card system and gunblade!

I probably dislike FF7 so much because I plaed FF8 before, thus making the graphics unbearable.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I just don't understand the reasoning that FFVII is so popular because it was the first RPG people played, and people who played RPG's before that don't see it as that great, but the fact remains that the game was and is hugely popular in Japan (they sell soda with FFVII characters on em, it's nuts)...and can you really tell me that Japan didn't have any popular RPG's before FFVII as well?

Torillian said:
I just don't understand the reasoning that FFVII is so popular because it was the first RPG people played, and people who played RPG's before that don't see it as that great, but the fact remains that the game was and is hugely popular in Japan (they sell soda with FFVII characters on em, it's nuts)...and can you really tell me that Japan didn't have any popular RPG's before FFVII as well?

RPGs are more popular in Japan then they are in the US. Still not everyone who buys an RPG in japan is a typical hardcore RPG fanatic... not many are actually.

Just how FPS sell really well in America yet very few people are actually hardcore FPS players.