By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 back in stock on Amazon

petroleo said:
I already have a PS4 , but damn I like my PS4 so much , I want to have a backup :D so I may end up buying another! lol

if I do that, that would be a smart choice ?

It is not better to wait a new revision? PS4 Slim?

Around the Network
petroleo said:
I already have a PS4 , but damn I like my PS4 so much , I want to have a backup :D so I may end up buying another! lol

if I do that, that would be a smart choice ?

No it wouldn´t. lol unless it´s REALLY needed. Just wait for a slim version.

vivster said:
BMaker11 said:
vivster said:
ethomaz said:
Great news... I want supply to increase the sales.

Don't you think it's rather the demand slowing down instead of increased supply?

So the sales would decrease even though it's more available.

demand dying down would be if Sony was still shipping the limited amount they could, but PS4s were still sitting on shelves. Sony is now able to ship even more units than before, and yet PS4s are still pretty hard to come by, unless you catch them right when they are available to sell. So, it is, indeed, increased supply, instead of decreased demand. That's why it's pretty much a given that the PS4 will outsell the XBone for January NPD

Do you have a source that Sony is shipping more? Sure the last shipment for the week of Jan18th was pretty small but maybe there is some logistical problem or already stored units for Japan.

I don't have a concrete source "Sony is ramping up production" or something like that, but the fact that more and more retailers are simultaneously having the product (instead of only Amazon having it one week, then it pops up at Best Buy a week and a half later, for example) only for PS4s to still get sold out a few days later would lead one to believe that more stock is being put on shelves than before.

When I got my PS4 a week ago, I got it because a thread, here, said they were available at Best Buy. I checked nowinstock a day later and they were at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. so it wasn't only available at places here and there. Now this is what it looks like again.

I think Sony is moving from retailer to retailer with large qty of stock solely for that retailer.

The Best Buy thread I made, I also tracked each day. It took a week for Best Buys website to no longer list it as available online. While I'm sure the rate of sales decreased, demand is still good. But no other retailers had significant stock over that week, just small qty here and there.

Now Amazon is showing stock and unless this is another minor qty, I'd bet it'll stick around for awhile. Big tell will be if other retailers have good qty at same time as this or not.

superchunk said:
I think Sony is moving from retailer to retailer with large qty of stock solely for that retailer.

The Best Buy thread I made, I also tracked each day. It took a week for Best Buys website to no longer list it as available online. While I'm sure the rate of sales decreased, demand is still good. But no other retailers had significant stock over that week, just small qty here and there.

Now Amazon is showing stock and unless this is another minor qty, I'd bet it'll stick around for awhile. Big tell will be if other retailers have good qty at same time as this or not.

It was already pointed out over at gaf that the bestbuy website tracking isn't accurate. Once you get to check out/add to cart etc it shows it isn't available, even if it said otherwise earlier

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:

It was already pointed out over at gaf that the bestbuy website tracking isn't accurate. Once you get to check out/add to cart etc it shows it isn't available, even if it said otherwise earlier

All of last week, the direct shipping portion was in stock and at final part of check out showed only a couple days eta on delivery.

Its the stock in store that is misleading at times.

Yesterday, the direction shipping (which comes from distribution centers) was finally out of stock.

superchunk said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:

All of last week, the direct shipping portion was in stock and at final part of check out showed only a couple days eta on delivery.

Its the stock in store that is misleading at times.

Yesterday, the direction shipping (which comes from distribution centers) was finally out of stock.

I think it was happening for both options actually..at least I remember reading so on gaf

Either way I'm not agreeing with you as I think that's exactly what Sony is doing. Makes sense too..target different shopping crowds one at a time

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Just jumped to #3 on the bestsellers list....

Amazon.de finally delivery my Killzone-PS4-bundle I ordered early November. Just a few days after my WiiU arrived (to bridge the waiting time for the PS4) from Amazon.co.uk ;)

Drought over.

Time to move on.

Now can we get on with gaming ?