By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think retro's next game will be?

I've heard the 'Zelda spin off' rumor as well, but a Zelda FPS? (Link's Crossbow Training is probably the closest you'll ever get.)

Let's face some facts, the studio's strength lies in the first person adventure/action genre. It would be kind of crazy to go down another path at this point, especially since they have a very capable engine for those kind of games.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
Steve 3.2 said:
I've heard the 'Zelda spin off' rumor as well, but a Zelda FPS? (Link's Crossbow Training is probably the closest you'll ever get.)

Let's face some facts, the studio's strength lies in the first person adventure/action genre. It would be kind of crazy to go down another path at this point, especially since they have a very capable engine for those kind of games.

Well they were working on alot of non first person perspectives in games that they ended up cancelling because of prime. For example ravens blade was 3rd person. 

sc94597 said:
Steve 3.2 said:

Well they were working on alot of non first person perspectives in games that they ended up canceling because of prime. For example ravens blade was 3rd person.

But those games never came to fruition.  And that was years ago.  While it's possible they could revive one of those concepts, I seriously don't think that will happen.  If not Metroid, they will be charged with bringing another existing franchise to the Wii.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

I have some artwork and Screens from raven blade and a couple of Video's of an NFL game they were making and they even had a concept art for a Mario football game and were working on a Twisted metal type game but When Shiggy did a visit saw the games he sort of had them shut down to focus on Metroid.

Would have loved to see Raven Blade finished and as for what they are making next I just hope it's a new IP and not a casual whatever thing but something more hardcore and suited to Retro's talents.

I think they will do something in the Twilight Princess Universe. A tale with Midna as the main character would be awesome.

I've got the touch!!