By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think retro's next game will be?

Retro said they will take a break from metroid games for a while so what do you think the next retro game is going to be?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
An RPG I hope. Raven Blade, anyone?

Edit: Some rumors says it's a Zelda spin-off for Wii.

That would be good that game sounded promising.

I think it should be their own game none of nintendos. They could get help from nintendo though to make the game better.

sc94597 said:
I think it should be their own game none of nintendos. They could get help from nintendo though to make the game better.
I agree. Nintendo is in despeate need of some quality first party original IPs. They spent their first year ringing out every big franchise they owned, and it just so happened that one delayed to this year luckily. With them being notorious for releasing one of each franchise each console generation, Nintendo better start looking towards upstart franchises.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
sc94597 said:
I agree. Nintendo is in despeate need of some quality first party original IPs. They spent their first year ringing out every big franchise they owned, and it just so happened that one delayed to this year luckily. With them being notorious for releasing one of each franchise each console generation, Nintendo better start looking towards upstart franchises.

Mario Kart, Pikmin and Animal Crossing say hi.

Given that most games take about two years to make, Nintendo could easily just rest on their laurels and reissue sequels to these games (Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon) alone and make Nintendo fans happy.  Of course, Nintendo is known for exploring their old franchises as well as inventing new ones.

Around the Network

I would like either an rpg or another nintendo exclusive fps. We all know that the next metroid game is going to be a platformer/sidescroller so retro most likely won't be making another metroid fps for a few years.

A TPS would be cool too or a SPS like gears.

i would really like a great new ip
havent seen a lot of those from nintendo lately

I have a strong feeling that a new kid icarus game will be announced E3. I don't know if Retro would be on it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Tastyshovelware I never played it but is his only weapon the bow and arrow. If so they could make it an fps or a tps. Or both like gears.