By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite video game sequels

Melee, TimeSplitters 2, Zero Escape, and of course Streets of Rage 2

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Zucas said:
Assassin's Creed 2- I love the first AC game but the second one was one of the best games I have ever played. Great historical setting and characters along with some of the best mix of stealth and adventure gameplay.

Halo 2- This game had a lot of hype to live up to and for me it hit it right on the head. The story continued the grand epic and further established the universes as one of the best. More importantly though, Halo 2 brought competitive multiplayer to a new level on home consoles.

Sonic Adventure 2- whether the Dreamcast version or the advanced Gamecube version, this was a great game. Not traditional Sonic but Sega found a way to take Sonic past the fast paced platforming to a game with a lot more depth.

Super Mario Galaxy 2- Talk about having to live up to expectations. Super Mario Galaxy may be the best platformer ever created and to be a sequel to that is stressful. But Galaxy 2 brought new and exciting levels that offered different challenges to the already well-established style of the original. That is why Galaxy 2 might be the second greatest platformer ever created.

Now for some non-traditional sequels:

Red Dead Redemption- this took the open world sandbox genre to an entirely new level as it was able to provide great characters and great story without sacrificing the freedom found in sandbox games.

Resident Evil 4- Shinji Mikami brought video games into the modern age with RE4 and gave survivial horror games the update they required. A good mix of action, puzzles, suspense, and horror along with a control scheme that actually worked took survivial horrors from cheap scares to intense moments of survival. And to me there is only one game better than this one haha. (hope my avatar didn't give this one away haha)

Heh. Most of time when I see a Resident Evil-related topic ( specially if RE4 is a strong focus) I actually expect you to appear for some reason. Great list, btw.

Haha it must just be chance.  But I don't shy away from my love of Resident Evil 4 either haha.  I am just happy when I see other people give it the credit it deserves too.  And I do rep the Leon Kennedy avatar haha.  

But thank you.  I know there are a few more games I should put up there but that is what I can think of at the time.  I like your list as well.  Good to see Paper Mario on the gamecube there.  Such a great game.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - It just did almost everything a bit better than the original. I'll be honest I can't quite put my finger on it but I'd definitely say that the SP was lightyears ahead of the original, it was a far better looking game, added controllable Jedi and Space battles. I would however have liked them to keep the aerial vehicles in some maps - strafing used to be very fun indeed in the original. Also there were some older maps that should've stayed, IMHO

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Curse of Monkey Island
Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers
Space Quest V: The Next Mutation
King's Quest 6: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
The Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate
Star Trek: Judgment Rites
Goodbye Deponia
Memoria
Dungeon Keeper 2
Sid Meier's Civilization II, IV, V
Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
Dune II: Battle for Arrakis (though actually not a sequel)
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Final Fantasy VI
Tales of Symphonia
Heroes of Might & Magic III
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Gothic II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Anstoß 2
Battle Isle 2
The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici
Anno 1701
SimCity 2000
Wing Commander: Privateer
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Freespace 2
Grand Prix 2, 3 (Geoff Crammond)
The Games: Summer Challenge (Accolade)
Pinball FX 2
Tetris DS
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Kart Wii
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Legend of Zelda: ALttP, WW, OoT, TP

King of fighters 97

resident evil 2

super smash bros first

Mario kart 64

star fox 64

halo reach firefight ( halo 5 with firefight and long ranking like reach i'll will buy xbox one right away)

pokemon black and white

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network

The majority of games are sequels.

I guess I'd just list my top 3 games of all time then.

- Persona 4 Golden
- Resident Evil 3
- Final Fantasy VII

Majora's Mask
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Arkham City
Rayman Legends

1doesnotsimply

There are many, the ones that come out of my mind right now are Kingdom Hearts 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Age of Empires 2.

Edit: Also Paper Mario TTYD (I prefer the first game though) and Majora's Mask.

Dragon Age 2

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
Best sequel ever

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.