By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Welcome to the corporate dictatorship of America!

cannonballZ said:
Well, after a bit of research, I can say that fracking is considered dangerous to the environment. There's videos showing water coming from the kitchen sink being able to light on fire. I would be freaking out if that happened to me.

Though, the current administration supports it as a cleaner fuel.

Reason - Not the crap they put on Fox News or MSNBC:

http://reason.com/archives/2013/07/05/the-top-5-lies-about-fracking

Another alternative view that could be the future of fracking (and I think Halliburton is full of criminals, by the way. Not promoting them, just showing another aspect of the debate):

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/01/halliburton-exec-drinks-fracking-fluid_n_4193052.html

badgenome said:

I'm not entirely convinced that fracking isn't responsible in some of these cases, but a lot of these people could already light their well water on fire before fracking had even been invented.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
Well, after a bit of research, I can say that fracking is considered dangerous to the environment. There's videos showing water coming from the kitchen sink being able to light on fire. I would be freaking out if that happened to me.

Though, the current administration supports it as a cleaner fuel.

I'm not entirely convinced that fracking isn't responsible in some of these cases, but a lot of these people could already light their well water on fire before fracking had even been invented.

badgenome said:

It's worth noting that Vera Scroggins is an insane and vile childfucker pedophilia normalization activist no, childfucker sounds about right who ought to be banned from Planet Earth.

Everyone deserves the full protection of the law.

kowenicki said:
Leadified said:
SlayerRondo said:
She was violating the rights of the owners of the company as she was disrupting their business and they have every right to bar her from their property.

Should Sony or Microsoft ban me from the internet because I am "disrupting" their business by posting negative comments about them and their consoles? Even if this lady is crazy, in this case she was doing nothing illegal.

I'm not defending the actions here... but in what way is that remotely similar. 

MS and Sony dont own the internet.

And you dont have to do something illegal to be banned from somewher.e  Go into wal mart and shout loudly that it is shit, the staff are morons and the customers are dicks.  You will be banned from wal mart... rightly so.

If you owned a bsiness and someone was disrupting it, then you would ban them too.

I get what you're saying.

I was pretty vague with my original statement, but my main problem with the entire situation is this line from the article.

"But Shepstone argued Scroggins had upset too many people to be tolerated. "I believe she is a public menace because what she does is she essentially trespasses not so much on property – though she does do that – but she trespasses on the soul of the community," he said. "She does not allow the people of this community any peace.""....and...

"Cabot in court filings does not accuse Scroggins of violence or of causing harm to property, and she has never been arrested or charged with trespass. She has not chained herself to machinery, or staged sit-ins."

"Trespassing on the soul of the community" is just an odd statement and definitely more vague than if the charge was because of what happened on private property. If it meant the public peace, wouldn't the city deal with her instead of this oil company?  In general this situation is not clear enough to convice me the court's decesion was just but because it's only a temporary bar it's probably not the last of it.

thranx said:
Leadified said:
SlayerRondo said:
She was violating the rights of the owners of the company as she was disrupting their business and they have every right to bar her from their property.

Should Sony or Microsoft ban me from the internet because I am "disrupting" their business by posting negative comments about them and their consoles? Even if this lady is crazy, in this case she was doing nothing illegal.

Well, they can and will ban you from the sites they own (even vgchartz bans disruptive users) but being as MS and Sony do not own the internet you would be free to do what you want on sites they dont own. Just like this lady can go where she wants as long as its not on land that this fracking company own. Seems all good to me.

Read my response to kowenicki, it clears some stuff up.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

Yes, I agree. Protecting property rights is one of the few legitimate functions of a government.

badgenome said:
Soleron said:

Yes, I agree. Protecting property rights is one of the few legitimate functions of a government.

What are the other legitimate functions of government according to you? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

I think they all pretty much boil down to protecting rights.

badgenome said:
the2real4mafol said:

I think they all pretty much boil down to protecting rights.

Fair enough but for me. It's 3 things. Law and order (which includes protecting rights), a welfare state (especially free healthcare and education) and conserving landmarks and the natural environment.

I know it's a bit off topic but i was just interested.  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Good. I hate enviro-terrorists.