By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Welcome to the corporate dictatorship of America!

the2real4mafol said:
gergroy said:

Thirdly, you dont like property rights? What if you owned a bunch of restraunts that served meat and a anti-meat protestor kept barging into your restraunts yelling at customers or sitting on tables or blocking employees so they couldnt do their job. You think that person should have the right to do that forever?

She probably was being a bit annoying but you can't compare meat to fracking. Fracking has very serious, long term effects which are seemingly ignored by gas companies even though such are proven to have such bad impacts on man and nature. I don't see how anyone could have the right to frack on their own property as the contamination from fracking chemicals will spread beyond said property.  Unfortunately, as long as it's profitable, companies like Cabot won't care. I just find it reckless to make money knowing you are doing so from such enviromentally destructive practices.

Badgenome proves she is a bit of a crazy freak but i'm only concerned for protecting the environment and constitutional rights. It seems whoever has more money wins every time. 

Also, something like fracking has wide health risks on people who happen to live near these sites. What about their rights? 

Ah, so this is actually an anti fracking thread and not actually about what happened in your article?  You should probably revise your op then...

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
She was violating the rights of the owners of the company as she was disrupting their business and they have every right to bar her from their property.

Should Sony or Microsoft ban me from the internet because I am "disrupting" their business by posting negative comments about them and their consoles? Even if this lady is crazy, in this case she was doing nothing illegal.

thranx said:

Isnt that what the law is ther for? to help people protect their lands? I mean if its their land, and they dont want her there, what else can they do? I mean its their land isn't it? What are we supposed to have? Lawlessness? or are you only ok with your rights being protected and your beliefs, and what you feel for, but not for others? I am a little confused here. You want her rights protected, but dont seem to care for the other groups rights because you disagree with them and agree with her. She can have them banned from her property too if she wants.

What about the right to protest? I know in this case she was the only one which made it easier to prosecute but what if that town didn't want fracking near them. It just seems heavily one sided to those with money. I mean also the fracking company doesn't care what happens to that region once they get paid. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
thranx said:

Isnt that what the law is ther for? to help people protect their lands? I mean if its their land, and they dont want her there, what else can they do? I mean its their land isn't it? What are we supposed to have? Lawlessness? or are you only ok with your rights being protected and your beliefs, and what you feel for, but not for others? I am a little confused here. You want her rights protected, but dont seem to care for the other groups rights because you disagree with them and agree with her. She can have them banned from her property too if she wants.

What about the right to protest? I know in this case she was the only one which made it easier to prosecute but what if that town didn't want fracking near them. It just seems heavily one sided to those with money. I mean also the fracking company doesn't care what happens to that region once they get paid. 

She has a right to protest. She must have crossed the line from protester to disruptor though. If the town didnt want fracking wouldn't there be more protestors? Perhaps the town is happy to have fracking, and jobs, and food on the table. It seems to me you cant imagine a place or people that disagree with you. Some people would prefer food on the table and a roof over their heads over many other things. I know I would. Also people are perfectly capable of making decisoons regarding their lives, if the fracking is so bad and pollutes them and their enviroment, they will take action. If its not, they wont. No one is forcing anyhting. People are free to move, stay, protest, inform, and make decisons regarding their actions, they just cant force those decisons on others. Seems like things are working correctly.

Leadified said:
SlayerRondo said:
She was violating the rights of the owners of the company as she was disrupting their business and they have every right to bar her from their property.

Should Sony or Microsoft ban me from the internet because I am "disrupting" their business by posting negative comments about them and their consoles? Even if this lady is crazy, in this case she was doing nothing illegal.

Well, they can and will ban you from the sites they own (even vgchartz bans disruptive users) but being as MS and Sony do not own the internet you would be free to do what you want on sites they dont own. Just like this lady can go where she wants as long as its not on land that this fracking company own. Seems all good to me.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
the2real4mafol said:
gergroy said:

Thirdly, you dont like property rights? What if you owned a bunch of restraunts that served meat and a anti-meat protestor kept barging into your restraunts yelling at customers or sitting on tables or blocking employees so they couldnt do their job. You think that person should have the right to do that forever?

She probably was being a bit annoying but you can't compare meat to fracking. Fracking has very serious, long term effects which are seemingly ignored by gas companies even though such are proven to have such bad impacts on man and nature. I don't see how anyone could have the right to frack on their own property as the contamination from fracking chemicals will spread beyond said property.  Unfortunately, as long as it's profitable, companies like Cabot won't care. I just find it reckless to make money knowing you are doing so from such enviromentally destructive practices.

Badgenome proves she is a bit of a crazy freak but i'm only concerned for protecting the environment and constitutional rights. It seems whoever has more money wins every time. 

Also, something like fracking has wide health risks on people who happen to live near these sites. What about their rights? 

Ah, so this is actually an anti fracking thread and not actually about what happened in your article?  You should probably revise your op then...

I ended up talking about the fracking which she is protesting about, which is what i got from the article. Maybe i should leave it as it is before i get more confused lol. You lot can talk about whatever from the article. I think i screwed my own thread up 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Yea, that bitch is a cunt. I don't support her nasty methods.

I have no opinion on fracking. Don't know enough about it to say much.

thranx said:
the2real4mafol said:
thranx said:

She has a right to protest. She must have crossed the line from protester to disruptor though. If the town didnt want fracking wouldn't there be more protestors? Perhaps the town is happy to have fracking, and jobs, and food on the table. It seems to me you cant imagine a place or people that disagree with you. Some people would prefer food on the table and a roof over their heads over many other things. I know I would. Also people are perfectly capable of making decisoons regarding their lives, if the fracking is so bad and pollutes them and their enviroment, they will take action. If its not, they wont. No one is forcing anyhting. People are free to move, stay, protest, inform, and make decisons regarding their actions, they just cant force those decisons on others. Seems like things are working correctly.

I think you made me realise how dangerous a biased media can be in a misunderstanding. You make a fair point. But i made my mind up about fracking though, only due to the chemicals involved. Gas is a decent energy source, fracking is just a dodgy method to get the gas out the ground. 

Corporate dictatorship?

Sure, never mind President Obama's speech the other night in which he is all but throwing Congress and the Judiciary branch out of commission with the promised use of the "executive order" (nothing is more dictatorial than that - and it needs to be abolished. And no, Obama is not the only president guilty of using and abusing this power). 

Corporatism is alive and well in America and we only have ourselves to blame. We put these fools in office who are susceptible to being bought out. This is why term limits need to be pushed through at every level. So please don't throw around the term "dictatorship" so loosley.

At the end of the day though, property rights are property rights. It's similar to a situation in which someone comes over to your house and stands in your yard and tells you to quit cooking with Siracha sauce because it's burning their nostrils (probably not the best example, but I believe you understand my point). And fracking is still being analyzed. What people fail to think about is our earthquake detecting equipment is enhanced each and every day, picking up every movement beneath the earth. A few earthquakes happen in a day and people scream "Fracking! Fracking!" without any substantial proof. So let's calm down on the debate about fracking until we all know a little more about it. Has it ever occurred that maybe mother earth is just doing her thing every now and again? 

Well, after a bit of research, I can say that fracking is considered dangerous to the environment. There's videos showing water coming from the kitchen sink being able to light on fire. I would be freaking out if that happened to me.

Though, the current administration supports it as a cleaner fuel.