By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAF XBONE LEAKS: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs, LOTs More (Controlled PR Leaks?)

JoeTheBro said:
MB1025 said:
Something weird is brewing at GAF tonight. I think CBOAT may have been outed by MS.

Any specific links?

I can sum it up because the thread where it happened is gone, but just follow me here.

A few hours ago this new poster shows up by the name of ntkrnl. He was confirmed by the mods to be an insider before he could post. Then he starts throwing out bombs left and right about the next 3-4 years at Microsoft and the Xbox One. He keeps releasing game and console info and then a thread from CBOAT pops up about Titanfall.

CBOAT said that the ALPHA specs we saw during the ALPHA BETA was actually final and that the PC version would get texture packs to enahnce the version

The thing is after CBOAT made the thread and leaked the info RESPAWN not only debunked, but the poster ntkrnl makes a post saying

PLAYED LIKE A FIDDLE

Leading people to believe that this guy kept leaking things (real or not) in an attempt to draw CBOAT out (which he did) and then called him out after the leak in a way to say WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

The thread is gone and CBOAT hasn't posted since.

Around the Network
mos712 said:

BOMBA

I am not believing any of this news, but that is the sexiest console I have ever seen.

Seems like MS caught CBOAT.

@famousmortimer is saying the bundle didn't exists unless they changed that two weeks ago.

He is checking again to confirme if the bundle exists or not.

The guy leaking the stuff might be control leaking. Apparently CBOAT was found out. We don't know what's going on...

Around the Network

Ahsan Rasheed ‏@thuway

No one is to blame for MS's bad press except MS themselves. Killing off a few forum personalities won't do anything.

Figgycal said:

The guy leaking the stuff might be control leaking. Apparently CBOAT was found out. We don't know what's going on...

This.

Seems like the leaks are controlled to cover the terrible bad PR this week: Tomb Raider, Machinima and low WW sales.

Interesting day on gaf today.

It would seem like CBOAT posted some wrong info purposely that might've been given to him in an attempt to narrow down who he is. Another user ntkrnl, who just made his account today said "played like a fiddle" and then "leaked" a shit ton of new info.

I don't know what's going on. But the stuff he's leaking is most likely fake.

That thread is the most epicly insane thing Ive ever seen.

GAF has been fucking insane tonight

Ahsan Rasheed ‏@thuway

@OceanMeetsSky Witch hunt to find out CBoaT, popular internet journalists in on it, movement within to improve X1's image post-Machinima.