By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo unsure if next hardware will be merged, but will definitely be closer

The architectures, OS's, UI, etc would be shared. It could potentially mean developing for one will be extremely similar to developing for another. If you have one game running in 720p / 30fps no AA on the handheld, you can potentially have the same game run on the console with even better visuals, in 1080p / 60fps (or 4K if their next console is strong enough) and higher IQ, and the transition of development between them could potentially be seamless. Sounds like a good plan, though I don't know if this means Mario Kart 9 will be on both Wii 2 U or 4DS.....

Around the Network
forethought14 said:
The architectures, OS's, UI, etc would be shared. It could potentially mean developing for one will be extremely similar to developing for another. If you have one game running in 720p / 30fps no AA on the handheld, you can potentially have the same game run on the console with even better visuals, in 1080p / 60fps (or 4K if their next console is strong enough) and higher IQ, and the transition of development between them could potentially be seamless. Sounds like a good plan, though I don't know if this means Mario Kart 9 will be on both Wii 2 U or 4DS.....

Thats what I am getting as well, and it sounds good to me.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I've had this feeling with Nintendo that they would move in this direction for quite some time. I thought the Wii U Gamepad was a pretty good indicator of that direction. This news just further cements that idea in my mind.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BOLLOCKS said:
Like teh Vita and PS4?

Except the portable device will actually be supported with software

ListerOfSmeg said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Like teh Vita and PS4?

Except the portable device will actually be supported with software

+1

Around the Network

So like twin brothers instead of a conjoined twin? Okay.

EricFabian said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Like teh Vita and PS4?

more like Cube/GBA

I was thinking more like Vita/Vita TV

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.