By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GDC in San Fran Tomorrow - Any Last Minute Predictions?

A Team Ico reveal would fit the GDC style. They make games that other game developers wish they could make

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

Here's to hoping for a NA/Europe release date for the DS3!

I'm hoping for a price cut across all Xbox 360 SKU's, but MS might decide to leave that until mid-april before GTAIV, rather than dropping the price now and giving Sony two whole months to respond however they like.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Duke Nukem Forever release date.

There have been lots of industry complaints that GDC has turned into more of an in-development showcase than a industry learning tool.

Don't expect that to change. Companies plan announcments for this thing, and we'll get some this year, just like last. Baby E3.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I'm hoping for a price cut across all Xbox 360 SKU's, but MS might decide to leave that until mid-april before GTAIV, rather than dropping the price now and giving Sony two whole months to respond however they like.

Any price cuts that MS has planned Sony probably already knows about.  Remember the Micosoft guy that was "predicting" a 40gb ps3 with no BC back around E3'07?

I agree makingmusic. But we have seen how pricedrops work. They stabilize sales at a higher rate after a month or so, but sell a truckload of consoles for the first two weeks.

If MS drops prices now, and then Sony waits and drops on April 15, Sony will benefit a lot more from GTAIV than they otherwise would have.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I predict the PS3 outsells the 360 week of the 16th. Oh wait you meant predictions for GDC.

I want....
PSN card release dates.... Bring them soon I want to be able to buy Warhawk Omega Dawn and Echochrome.
IN game XMB
New Warhawk expansion release date.

Something about Alan Wake for 360. Come on I am fiending for a new horror game.

I doubt that there will be system price drops. If anything there will new SKU announcements by the a few companies.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Microsoft:

-Drops Elite-SKU in favour of an SKU with Blu-Ray, will release within 3-4 months from announcement.  Pricetag will be around 449$.

-Too Human will be shown, will be greatly improved. Silicon Knights will say that the trilogy cannot be completed on the 360. Therefor, next iterations in the trilogy will be released on Microsoft's next-gen system.

-HD-DVD is dead, MSoft aknowledges that. Will fully embrace Blu-Ray as the next-gen mediaformat.

-Alan Wake will be released in Fiscal 08.

-Gears of War 2 on the way, on schedule, 2008 release. Epic to become 3rd party of Microsoft, will only release games from now on on the PC and Microsoft systems. 

Sony: 

-MGS4 trailer. Fiscal 08 release.

-FFXIII trailer.  No date.

-Re-incorporating BC in 40Gb PS3 SKU's (by download).

-New SKU for Europe (they currently only have the 40GB SKU).

-New Sony IP shown.

-Resistance 2 playable, will be great! Fastly improven from RFoM1.

-Killzone 2 will NOT be released in 2008.

Nintendo:

-NOT dropping price on Wii.

-WiiFit date for US/Europe.

-Nintendo will organise Brawl tournaments throughout the country and will have sweet prices, all hosted by Nintendo itself.

-New IP unveiled.

-Will show a more 'mature' game in collaboration with a 3rd party, release is TBA.

-Capcom announces another new IP for Wii, more unique and less kiddy this time.

-Wii sports will remain bundled.

-Best-Off series coming Wii's way (platinum titles, that is). Also: Touch generations (Wii Play, Wii Chess, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree etc...)

-Nintendo will show the sales of good performing 3rd party titles on the system (GH3, RE4, RRR, Lego StarWars etc...)

---

Reggie will say: 'The games ARE coming...'

THE NETHERLANDS