By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (UPDATED WITH CLARIFICATION) -#Sonygafgate: CBOAT created by Neogaf mod(s) to spread X1 hate (rumor) - Update: EKIM leaked Source 2 shots to CBOAT, is not his alt

FiliusDei said:
the-pi-guy said:
FiliusDei said:

I disagree, he was the source for all kind of fake rumors that were curiously against MS.

If he was really a MS insider wouldn't he halo 5 trailer was not prince of Persia.

What about platinum games project that was supposed to be announced at tgs ?

What about the blacktusk game that he saw that in reality was not in development

Just to name a few... yet he was never banned for bringing made up rumors to GAF in any occasions.

Did Black Tusk just sit on their hands for a year?  The studio existed for a very long time, they weren't just made.  What do you think they did?  

As for the other ones, who knows?  Development can be tricky business and stuff comes up very quickly.  Even a few weeks before Uncharted 3 released, they discovered a massive game breaking glitch on PS3 Phats, so it's possible that something came up.  Whether on the business side of things or the production side of things.  

I don't see how anything he brought up was "curiously against MS".  

Cboat talked about the splinter cell type 'game' shown at e3.... how did he see a game that looked great that never even existed according to Phil Spencer.

i don't care about cboat or misterx or whoever or wether xboat was 99% right or 99% wrong but

there is a simple logic answer to this cboat"leak" not being fake

Since Black Tusk was founded 1 year ago they'd been working on a game-thats very very probable.When MS decided to buy Gears Black Tusks project was either cancelled or delayed as a potential systemseller and very expensive franchise and 100;Hit  like gears is far more important than a nameless new game from a new studio with 70% chance of failure.As Black Tusk were already working on a 3rd person game(splinter cell style) and probably using UE4 engine they'd be the best MS 1st party to develop the new Gears.

Around the Network

Well the guy who leaked the stuff towards cboat or who potentially is cboat twitter account is gone

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

https://twitter.com/ekim_gaf

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

FiliusDei said:
gamesadict said:
FiliusDei said:
eFKac said:
FiliusDei said:
GAF moderators erasing all stuff then trying to do damage control makes them look worse. They posted an explanation in Reddit about how ekim is not CBoat.

In my opinion CBOat is an account used by different GAF users to promote bad Xbox news.

In my opinion you might be misterxmedia or one of his sources.

I'm not a supporter of mrmedia.

But I must admit It is ridiculous how many rumors Cboat got wrong yet he was never banned. The mods erase all evidence to protect ekim's identity and that is the right thing to do...... until they mentioned him especially by his name in GAF (Ekim) and link him to cboat again  hahahahahah it's just hilarious how the mods make things worse.

It's because of how GAF works. It's not your typical gaming forum.

When someone wants to leak stuff, they must talk to the mods beforehand. They must first know their sources, or know who they are. Once that is done, you get the green light. That's how you don't get banned.

You can get banned for not having enough/good sources, like when thuway (I think that was him) was banned for claiming Thief on X1 is only 900p. Didn't have more than one source for that, and still posted that.

Lastly, cboat has a really good record of getting stuff right. He is among the top insiders in GAF. The amount of stuff he has had wrong is relatively minuscule.

I disagree, he was the source for all kind of fake rumors that were curiously against MS.

If he was really a MS insider wouldn't he halo 5 trailer was not prince of Persia.

What about platinum games project that was supposed to be announced at tgs ?

What about the blacktusk game that he saw that in reality was not in development

Just to name a few... yet he was never banned for bringing made up rumors to GAF in any occasions.

He also said PSN would have no paywall and that the PS4 would launch in October.

FiliusDei said:
Subie_Greg said:
CBOAT has been right more then wrong. If you had to put a number on it, I'd say right about 80-85% of the time

I assume those who talk about how wrong he is may just be upset he said things about their fav console.

He is supposed to be a MS insider, the thing is.... he always gets the MS info wrong. He might be an insider working for valve or other 3rd party company but not a MS insider.

No he doesn't. Has he got things wrong before... yeap

What your doing is saying because the weatherman has been wrong before... he is always wrong

Sorry dude but CBOAT has been right more often then wrong

Around the Network

Maybe he has a split personality lol

kirby007 said:

A whole lot of errors going on today. I get the "502 Bad Gateway" half the time on Gaf.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

He was wrong about indie devs only being limited to 3GB Ram on the Xbox One.

If that site is made up just to take MS down? I'm perfectly ok with it lol. Ever since they came into the industry, we've seen all of the things that use to be great about console gaming (DLC all on disc, games released fully tested, no mandatory installs, no paywalls, local multiplayer, single player, Japanese developers) either die or fade away to the point where it's a shell of it's former self.

toadslayer72 said:
kirby007 said:

A whole lot of errors going on today. I get the "502 Bad Gateway" half the time on Gaf.

THANK YOU! Please read my latest post in the Tomb Raider thread or the same poat i wrote earlier in this one.