By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Wii ever pass ps2 sales

I think it may if nintendo increses the productoin rate

Around the Network

... No

Yes, BY ALOT!!!!! In a thread long ago, I predicted 300-500M SALES!!!!! Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID!!!

They don't need to increase production at all...

look here...
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=PS2&reg3=All&weeks=156

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I'm going to say 200 million so yes. End of thread.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

OMG, this is such a fanboy-inviting thread. Seriously, this should stay open if people could handle the conversation, but it's only gonna lead to super-trolling (in favor of Wii of course) and bans. Personally, I'm gonna reserve judgment for a bit longer.

This thread seems to be re-created on a weekly basis... Yes, the Wii will surpass the PS2's sales in the long run. Even if every single self-proclaimed "hardcore gamer" gave the system a miss, it'd still outsell the PS2. Largely because that would only lower its overall sales by about 20 million, and it's well-slated to sell ten times that.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

yes, in a couple of years

How about we wait until the Wii has been on the market for three years before me make that assessment. I think it will surpass to the PS2 but their isn't enough data to really make that prediction at this point IMO.

Darc Requiem said:
How about we wait until the Wii has been on the market for three years before me make that assessment. I think it will surpass to the PS2 but their isn't enough data to really make that prediction at this point IMO.

Where is the fun in predicting if we wait 3 years.  It will be more obvious then...

I think I predicted it almost a year ago...