By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: "Resolution-Gate coming to a Ubisoft game near you"

Dark_Feanor said:
MonstaTruk said:

You can spin it however you want; there's completely no justification for paying an extra $100 for 95% of the games (multiplats) being WEAKER.  I don't care how much ANYONE loves Halo... :-/

Tell that for the Apple funboys then.

Steave Jobs built their empire in overpriced hardware...

There is nothing to do with price. The whole market is full of cases when companies sold their products with a prime price... one of then was our dearly Sony, with the PS3 that was 200$ more expencive than it direct competitor and had terrible games and ports for more than 2 years.

I can´t spin anything.

The fact is that developers will NEVER disclosure the performance of their games until very close to release. It was AWAYS this way and it will ever be.

Okay.  Let's take YOU, for an example.  If you KNOW, POST release, that EVERY multiplat was superior on the $100 cheaper machine, what do you BELIEVE will probably happen with Watchdogs?  The Division?  Destiny?  HELL, with Xbox One exclusives like Titanfall?  Sunset Overdrive?  Halo, even?

We don't KNOW, I get it.  But...I can make a pretty good guess, and...I'm not investing $500 on a pipe dream longshot... :-/

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
No surprise really. This is going to be the norm all gen. Well, unless MS starts shelling out tons of cash on a new parity clause. For the time being, I'm glad we have gone back to the ways of previous gens, where devs try to get the most they can out of a system, even if the game is multiplat. So, for a while, we'll be seeing devs sacrifice resolution and/or framerate to try and achieve the same graphical quality/effects.

Also, it makes me laugh inside everytime I see a Xbox fan downplay the differences, knowing full well last gen they were dissing PS3 multiplats for some of the smallest things.

Aloud me to tell my case.

Between the late nightys until late 2000 I was a PC guy. Realy into Starcraft, Warcraft, Counter Striker, Diablo...

I only decided go get a console when I was at the mid of my graduation, money was short to upgrade my rig, Steam was only a vage promisse and I realy got sick of using a computer after spending 8 hours a day coding, debuging and testing.

I bought a 360 back in 2009 only because of Halo, Mass Effect and its controle.  I saw I friend playing Halo 3 and I use the controle and I fell in love with the machine. And it was cheaper too. Bluray disks were to expensives and I didn´t had a Full HD TV until 2011.

I never new PS3 ports were shitty until I changed from PC foruns to consoles foruns. 

So, when I say resolution and framerate dosen´t matter I know what I´m talking about. I didn´t knew which had the better multiplat ports or performed better.

It should not be news at this point, ps4 is more powerfull, lets move on please.

MonstaTruk said:

Okay.  Let's take YOU, for an example.  If you KNOW, POST release, that EVERY multiplat was superior on the $100 cheaper machine, what do you BELIEVE will probably happen with Watchdogs?  The Division?  Destiny?  HELL, with Xbox One exclusives like Titanfall?  Sunset Overdrive?  Halo, even?

We don't KNOW, I get it.  But...I can make a pretty good guess, and...I'm not investing $500 on a pipe dream longshot... :-/

Halo 3 and Mass Effet were the games that hooked me on the 360, and they are sub 720p as is Halo Reach and GTA 4... and 30 FPS as well all Gears of War... I hadn´t any clue about their resolution or frame rate.

And just for you to know, I live in Brazil, so PS4 costs almost twice the XOne price and until next week there is no game to be sell at the oficial retailers. I have a large list of friend on Xbox Live and half of then have already bought a XOne, I still have some games to finished on my 360 and only Titanfall can make I buy one One.

PS: I will move to a new apartment where one cousing of mine lives with his boyfriend (yes he is gay) and he has a PS4, but no games :( I think I you try to master the horendeous controler and enjoy a littler God Of War and Uncharted 2 and 3.

The truth is coming out lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
It should not be news at this point, ps4 is more powerfull, lets move on please.

I agree.  The only thing more ridiculous than these pointless debates that have everyone repeating the same points over and over again is the fact that these mind-warped comments are coming from people who will/can VOTE, change Government policies, and effect our social climate.  That's...disturbing.  *smh*

pezus said:

Wat. I seem to recall quite a few good PS3 exclusives even in its first year. Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted to name a few.

You forgot the masterpice Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots.

PS. You forgot WipEout HD too

PS2. PS3 library in the first year was absolutelly amazing.

Dark_Feanor said:

So, for this random "insider" it is a no win situation for Microsoft.

If a game is on par on both consoles than it´s a case of mony hating or lase developers.

Or, if the details of performance that very few people would notice are kept silent until very close to release its is case of "peddling rhetoric".

Well, well, well... I think I never heard if a game was better or performed better on the 360 until the embargos were out and there were analysis from DF and "Lens of Truth".

As I remember it took like 3 or 4 years until PS3 ports have catched up with 360 versions.

That was a rather different situation to what we have now. The 360 was the lead platform for most games at the time, and had a much simpler architecture than the PS3, which resulted in a lot of the sub par ports we saw. The PS4 and X1 on the other hand are comparatively simple to port between (along with the PC).

Has any of this been confirmed yet?

Dark_Feanor said:
-CraZed- said:
Yeah but then there is this...

Hmm...

As I remember it took like 3 or 4 years until PS3 ports have catched up with 360 versions.

Oh my not this again.... this argument holds zero water. The ps3 on paper was a little bit more powerfull but with some cavaets.  The 360 was easier to code for, had a better gpu and memory, the  PS3 required developers to learn the system and use cell in order to get the most of the system, i which very few knew how.

Totally different now, similar architecuture, ps4 has every advantage including ram, GPU, and ase of development, there is no CELL or close systems for MS to catch up. Graphics power is quantifiable, measurable, there is nothing ms can do to overcome a level higher GPU. There is no alien different architecture or cell  that is going to make the gap close.