By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: "Resolution-Gate coming to a Ubisoft game near you"

Dark_Feanor said:
Just checking, is AC4 a 900p/60 vc 720p/30 or a 1080p/30 vs 900p/30p??

Any way, I don´t think any open world game at this generation will risk a 60fps target, neither a MMO.

It is 1080p30fps vs 900p30fps.

Edit - Fixed... 900p.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Rayman Legends?

Watchdogs will take a few months yet.

But anyway, resolution gate is dead. Long live the framerategate!.

And the most comical irony about all of this is...every Xbox One comes equipped with a 4k HDMI cable...lol. What is this? *smGDh*

-CraZed- said:
Yeah but then there is this...

Hmm...

So, for this random "insider" it is a no win situation for Microsoft.

If a game is on par on both consoles than it´s a case of mony hating or lase developers.

Or, if the details of performance that very few people would notice are kept silent until very close to release its is case of "peddling rhetoric".

Well, well, well... I think I never heard if a game was better or performed better on the 360 until the embargos were out and there were analysis from DF and "Lens of Truth".

As I remember it took like 3 or 4 years until PS3 ports have catched up with 360 versions.

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Just checking, is AC4 a 900p/60 vc 720p/30 or a 1080p/30 vs 900p/30p??

Any way, I don´t think any open world game at this generation will risk a 60fps target, neither a MMO.

It is 1080p30fps vs 720p30fps.

No. AC4 is 1080p30fps vs 900p30fps. Come on Ethomaz, don't exaggerate!

Only COD MP was 1080p60fps vs 720p60fps (but PS4 version has some occasionnal dips when it only dips like every 5mn on X1).

EDIT: Ok I saw you did a mistake and corrected it! Good! Mistakes DO happen!

Around the Network

globalisateur said:

No. AC4 is 1080p30fps vs 900p30fps. Come on Ethomaz, don't exaggerate!

Only COD was 1080p60fps vs 720p60fps (but PS4 version has some occasionnal dips when it only dips like every 5mn on X1).

I fixed way before you post

Dark_Feanor said:
-CraZed- said:

Hmm...

If a game is on par on both consoles than it´s a case of mony hating or lase developers.

Or, if the details of performance that very few people would notice are kept silent until very close to release its is case of "peddling rhetoric".

Well, well, well... I think I never heard if a game was better or performed better on the 360 until the embargos were out and there were analysis from DF and "Lens of Truth".

As I remember it took like 3 or 4 years until PS3 ports have catched up with 360 versions.

You can spin it however you want; there's completely no justification for paying an extra $100 for 95% of the games (multiplats) being WEAKER.  I don't care how much ANYONE loves Halo... :-/

No surprise really. This is going to be the norm all gen. Well, unless MS starts shelling out tons of cash on a new parity clause. For the time being, I'm glad we have gone back to the ways of previous gens, where devs try to get the most they can out of a system, even if the game is multiplat. So, for a while, we'll be seeing devs sacrifice resolution and/or framerate to try and achieve the same graphical quality/effects.

Also, it makes me laugh inside everytime I see a Xbox fan downplay the differences, knowing full well last gen they were dissing PS3 multiplats for some of the smallest things.

Dark_Feanor said:
-CraZed- said:

Hmm...

See I took it the other way in that he meant all the talk of the XBone being less powerful has all been "dishonest peddling rhetoric." But after going back through some of his tweets in the pastm he has blasted people like mrxmedia and his ilk for spreading stupid rumours (discrete 2nd dGPU) etc.

So I am guessing it will be another PS4 1080p vs XB1 900p announcement.

MonstaTruk said:

You can spin it however you want; there's completely no justification for paying an extra $100 for 95% of the games (multiplats) being WEAKER.  I don't care how much ANYONE loves Halo... :-/

Tell that for the Apple funboys then.

Steave Jobs built their empire in overpriced hardware...

There is nothing to do with price. The whole market is full of cases when companies sold their products with a prime price... one of then was our dearly Sony, with the PS3 that was 200$ more expencive than it direct competitor and had terrible games and ports for more than 2 years.

I can´t spin anything.

The fact is that developers will NEVER disclosure the performance of their games until very close to release. It was AWAYS this way and it will ever be.