By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I went to Best Buy yesterday....

Yeah those signs are all over the place at the Best Buy near me. In December, the systems were actually stacked in a display at the front of the store right when you walked in.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
I saw a bunch of ps4 at my local best buy stacked up like that also, so what's the point?

I don't believe you

gergroy said:
BMaker11 said:
d21lewis said:
I know I almost got raped by a store employee that tried to sell me an Xbox One back in December but those "We have Xbox One" signs were are there for people that tried to buy an Xbox One back when they were sold out. No point advertising what you don't have--the PS4. We'll see plenty of "We have PS4" signs eventually, same as with the Wii and PS2 before them.

Or maybe it's a case of "we don't have any PS4s but here's a viable alternative", which was a discussion point back in December when people were saying that it may actually help MS if Sony is so supply constrained: people will get tired of waiting and just buy an XBone.

best buy doesn't really think like that.  Did you see a lot of we have ps3 or 360 in stock signs on doors when the wii was selling out?  No.  The sign was there because it was probably a common question when the x1 was sold out so when they got them in stock they wanted to make sure every customer knew that they were there when they walked in the store. 

When you've got 64 sitting on a shelf....you may think like that. And me, personally, yes I did see "we have PS3" signs when the Wii was selling out, because I always went to a GameStop  a friend of mine worked at after we both graduated HS. Granted, I was looking for a Wii because my sister wanted one for her daughter, but I did see "we have PS3" signs at that particular Gamestop.

2008ProchargedGT said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
I saw a bunch of ps4 at my local best buy stacked up like that also, so what's the point?

FTFY

Lyrikalstylez said:

Pics or didn't happen.

Around the Network

This looks similar to the Wii U situation. Big shipment in December - stores so full of stock they won't order any more - next to no units shipped in Q1.

My 8th gen collection

pbroy said:
That's Best Buy's problem. If they hid those 50 Xbones in the back, people would think they are in high demand too and want to buy one. Create some demand by not showing. People ain't going to buy an Xbone any time soon if they see that. They can get one any time they want.

That's stupid if people actually think that way.

I've had a couple of chances to get a ps4,but I'm in no hurry.

Seriously, we need to stop this cynical and horrible view of the world. Everyone seems to think their can only be one winner. Clearly the PS4 is on top, and its selling incredibly well. However, the XBox One is selling amazingly. 3 millions sold in only a couple of weeks? does no one understand what an accomplishment that is? Celebrate the success of both consoles, and then pray that the Wii U does well as well. Peoples games are still going to be made, your still going to enjoy your console, your not going to enjoy it more if Nintendo fails, or Microsoft fails.

iceboy151 said:
pbroy said:
That's Best Buy's problem. If they hid those 50 Xbones in the back, people would think they are in high demand too and want to buy one. Create some demand by not showing. People ain't going to buy an Xbone any time soon if they see that. They can get one any time they want.

That's stupid if people actually think that way.

Not really. For example, if you were told there wasn't gonna be much gasoline available after tomorrow, what would you do? You'd fill up your tank and probably a few gas cans as well.

Problem, though, is the XBone is not a commodity, but rather, a luxury item. I got a PS4 because I wanted it right now, so I seized the opportunity. If there were a stack of PS4s akin to the XBone, I'd still get a PS4 because I wanted one right now. I'm not gonna wait until there's only a few left and go "well, I better go get one now" (although, technically that was the case....but I didn't wait for it to get to that point. I called as soon as I saw the thread on VGC that said BB had stock, and that store just so happened to only have 3 left at the time). If people want XBones right now, they aren't gonna wait until it looks like they won't be able to get one. They're gonna go to the store, see an XBone in stock, then buy it.