By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone in the Dark Tech Demo

naznatips said:
sc94597 said:
That game looks fun. Do you know what version they were showing.

360 and PS3 version according to GT. Though devs often use PC versions of games for their tech demos even for multiplats. So it wouldn't be surprising to me if this was the PC version. Either way, those 3 versions will play mostly the same and have all these physics options.

Aren't they delaying the ps3 version till winter? After seeing this I understand why, this game looks quite complex...

Around the Network

Oh I'm not arguing that this is in any way realistic, unless some new uber type of sticky-tape was invented.

And yes, the PS3 version was delayed till late 2008. Other versions are coming in May. They said they wanted to focus on the PC and 360 versions with the main dev team right now.

the game looks good i liked it for ps1 so i might give this a shot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

naznatips said:
Oh I'm not arguing that this is in any way realistic, unless some new uber type of sticky-tape was invented.

And yes, the PS3 version was delayed till late 2008. Other versions are coming in May. They said they wanted to focus on the PC and 360 versions with the main dev team right now.

I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't implying that it was your argument.  In the video they keep saying stuff about real world rules and such and it just doesn't fit with perfectly straight and really thick lines of gas and blood from thrown objects combined with the sticky tape to beat all sticky tape and a guy with supremely perfect accuracy =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
naznatips said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't implying that it was your argument. In the video they keep saying stuff about real world rules and such and it just doesn't fit with perfectly straight and really thick lines of gas and blood from thrown objects combined with the sticky tape to beat all sticky tape and a guy with supremely perfect accuracy =P

I know, I just think it makes for a cool gameplay mechanic hehe.  

And to be fair, the guy with supremely perfect accuracy is just because it's a video game.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Sqrl said:
naznatips said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't implying that it was your argument. In the video they keep saying stuff about real world rules and such and it just doesn't fit with perfectly straight and really thick lines of gas and blood from thrown objects combined with the sticky tape to beat all sticky tape and a guy with supremely perfect accuracy =P

I know, I just think it makes for a cool gameplay mechanic hehe.

And to be fair, the guy with supremely perfect accuracy is just because it's a video game.

I have zero problem with everything they were showing. The fluid can make perfectly straight lines, the sticky tape can be super duper strong, and he can have 100% accuracy...but its still strange when they call it "real world rules" =P

I hope every last thing they showed makes it into the game and if it does they will definitely have my attention =)  If they keep up with these videos they will have my money too~

To Each Man, Responsibility

That looks sweet! About time someone trumphed the Source Engine on consoles too. I'm still holding off to see whether this will be a worthwhile title though, Atari are known for making fantastically buggy games.
Inconsistencies and bugs can ruin an entire game (like Gothic 3 before the first patch.).

The lighting at the start looked really good, but i'm not a big fan of the other stuff they showed, but the video was impressive.

That looked awsome to me. Though i did not like the trail, the blood and other stuff left behind

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

looked pretty good, still not sold, Alone in the Dark has always been a mediocre game at best, Atari = not good.