By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What can we do to get rid of the spammer?

Why is he banned anyway?

Around the Network

I find it hilarious that in his most recent spam fest he said he admired me, ROFL!!!

extreme spamming... he notched up 2000 posts in like 2 weeks

He isn't bothering me at all. There are maybe five things i don't like to see on a forum, and this guy isn't doing none of the five. I can just delete his spam when I feel like. It's no big deal.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I just recieved another email, this one is a virus that attempted to phish my password and give feeback to it's sender 'him' and another one two seconds later attempting to remotely change my password, he really has it in for me this boy, LOL, just doesn't give up.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Mods have more and more powers to ban spammers. There is a 30s limit on posting, mods can check email addresses of all users to identify spammers, only unique email addresses can be used to signup and I can IP block if I see fit.

The best thing for people to do is ignore the loser and he will soon get bored.

I hope you don't use that IP block tool for just any reason (I.E. basic trolling, fanboy bullshit, ect). And IP ban is very serious, and it should only be used on a member who's very detrimental to the site.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

highwaystar101 said:

any ideas?

Not make threads like this.

twesterm said:
highwaystar101 said:

any ideas?

Not make threads like this.

rofl, may i ask in what way you mean it?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

There is no permanent solution, IP bans are trumped by proxies, hide ip software, anonymous surfing websites, etc.....

ArtofAngels said:
I just recieved another email, this one is a virus that attempted to phish my password and give feeback to it's sender 'him' and another one two seconds later attempting to remotely change my password, he really has it in for me this boy, LOL, just doesn't give up.

Just don't open them anymore. Let them sit in your junk/spam folder.