By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - xbox one US import

of course you have to live in a no amazon country and couldn't find one on spain :P.... and co.uk have the UK plugs so I'm gonna look on .fr or .de

Around the Network

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008ZZ8XHY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11IPLSR49VH0N
SO far this is the best thing i could find to fix that issue still looking though.

lol I have this baby myself http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldsource-ST-3000-Voltage-Converter-Appliances/dp/B00EORTLFA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390502904&sr=1-2&keywords=Converter+3000

I have found those for the Xbox one but I have to check something.... the output seems to differ I know with the 360 slim they had 2 different ones.... maybe it's the same for Xbox one....

http://www.amazon.fr/Bloc-Alimentation-Adaptateur-Secteur-XBOXONE/dp/B00EO4K6MK/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1390502109&sr=8-16&keywords=xbox+one+ac

http://www.amazon.fr/Adaptateur-Adapter-Chargeur-dAlimentation-Console/dp/B00HN3K78C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1390503194&sr=8-5&keywords=xbox+one+adaptateur

but it is quite easy to find out.... you take your power brik you will get with your Xbox you check the output rating and you look for one that has the same rating than the original one....

and of course make sure it takes 220v in input for the new one or you can buy a converter like you found and to be safe I'll advise to take twice the wattage you need for the Xbox one or at least 1.5X so at least 300watt converter like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldsource-ST-300-Watt-Voltage-Converter/dp/B00A4DI7FS/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390503567&sr=1-5&keywords=Converter+300

Interesting idea. People in the UK and Europe should try that. Although it might take a long time for its shipping and delivery.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

so yeah since I don't know what will be your brick power output for sure I can't tell you which one will work for sure....

but in any case the 300 watt converter should work if you don't wanna wait.... I know my 3000 watt does some magnetic noise but nothing dramatic not sure about the 300 watt but it should be fine.... nothing worst than the fans in any recent computer/console or stuff like that.... i.e my 360 slim makes more noise than the 3000 watt converter

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Interesting idea. People in the UK and Europe should try that. Although it might take a long time for its shipping and delivery.

took less than a week for me with express shipping which was 5 bucks more than regular international shipping

since I already have a massive converter... and have a provisioned US bank account(so no currency exchange fees) it was cheaper and maybe 2 days longer than buying from france and it was out of stock everywhere anyway then.... (i had to jump on one of the daily amazon US shippment)...

if the euro is high it usually is cheaper to buy in the US because it is often the same price tag with just the currency sign changed if not more.... look at games they are 59.99 USD and 69.99 EURO in france the exchange rate is 1 euro=1.37 USD right now so a game is effectively 95,84 USD now people wonder why I bother having a 70 bucks VPN service and get a US XBL account to get my games....

Not worth the hassle!
Xbox One importing from amazon.com €463 + AT LEAST €30 for the cheapest voltage converter = €493

Best case scenario: you save €6 for a Xbox One with much lower resale value. You only have 1 year warranty instead of 2 years. If you have a hardware problem, the warranty procedure will be much more complicated for an import console.

Conina said:
Not worth the hassle!
Xbox One importing from amazon.com €463 + AT LEAST €30 for the cheapest voltage converter = €493

Best case scenario: you save €6 for a Xbox One with much lower resale value. You only have 1 year warranty instead of 2 years. If you have a hardware problem, the warranty procedure will be much more complicated for an import console.

nope I had an issue with my kinect on arrival and used the EU MS customer support to exchange it with the express exchange program.... took 3 or 4 days I can't recall done it online through the regular exchange page and my warranty is just as long (2 years I just checked)

but yeah it's not the best deal but I got a charger kit an extra pad and an XB one for 736.76 USD with express shipping and import taxes which equals 538.07 euros
for the same in france I would have payed around 585 euros and it took just as long to ship

granted I already have a converter anyway that could run 10 XBox one at the same time....

MoHasanie said:

I pre-ordered it and got it here in Saudi Arabia on the 25th of November (three days only).

Amazon US ==> Free shipping to MyUS (forwarding services) ==> $120 to ship it with four games to Saudi Arabia using the fastest way.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
MoHasanie said:

I pre-ordered it and got it here in Saudi Arabia on the 25th of November (three days only).

Amazon US ==> Free shipping to MyUS (forwarding services) ==> $120 to ship it with four games to Saudi Arabia using the fastest way.

$120 extra seems a little high, but considering you got the X1 6 months earlier than it woud have been available in Saudi, I think you got a good deal :) . 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54