By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lucina for Smah Bros 3DS *Fire Emblem Awakening SPOILERS*

Tagged games:

Marth shouldn't be there after the resounding success of Awakening. Getting real tired of Kerfuffles lazy roster.

Around the Network
Panama said:
Marth shouldn't be there after the resounding success of Awakening. Getting real tired of Kerfuffles lazy roster.

What? I don't see any sense in your post good sir. Awakening only strengthened Marth's positioning with his relevance in that game, and it obviously took more effort including Marth than not including him would have.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:

What? I don't see any sense in your post good sir. Awakening only strengthened Marth's positioning with his relevance in that game, and it obviously took more effort including Marth than not including him would have.

Silly me, I forgot that Chrom and Avatar don't exist. I understand Avatar not being included but Chrom has no excuse not to be in this game. I find it rather insulting that the game which saved the franchise doesn't have its protagonists included in this iteration of Smash Bros. Well, so far anyway. Still early-ish days.

Also I must have missed dlc or a side story because Lucinas ruse is rather shortlived and not that relevant to the overall plot.

Ah Lucina!

Panama said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:

Silly me, I forgot that Chrom and Avatar don't exist. I understand Avatar not being included but Chrom has no excuse not to be in this game. I find it rather insulting that the game which saved the franchise doesn't have its protagonists included in this iteration of Smash Bros. Well, so far anyway. Still early-ish days.

Also I must have missed dlc or a side story because Lucinas ruse is rather shortlived and not that relevant to the overall plot.

lol come on dude! The currently known roster will not be the final roster. Surely you don't honestly believe Sakurai just up an decided "screw Yoshi, Ganondorf, Wario, Cpt. Falcon, screw them all!" More characters will obviously be announced, so atleast save your ill founded complaints until after they're all revealed!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:

lol come on dude! The currently known roster will not be the final roster. Surely you don't honestly believe Sakurai just up an decided "screw Yoshi, Ganondorf, Wario, Cpt. Falcon, screw them all!" More characters will obviously be announced, so atleast save your ill founded complaints until after they're all revealed!

But that might not be until 1 day before launch and I got to vent :^)

Panama said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:

But that might not be until 1 day before launch and I got to vent :^)

Play an older Smash Bros. game and beat up Jigglypuff then!

Panama said:

As much as I personally agree with removing Marth for a more recent hero, FE3 is still the best-selling FE game in Japan, and Marth holds the status of the first Fire Emblem hero there regardless. I suppose he sort of embodies the series for many long-time fans. If the trend of the past two games is kept, Marth will appear alongside the hero of the most recent game, so hopefully there's no need to worry.

Also, when I mentioned that Lucina could appear as a color-change for Marth, I was thinking more along the lines of Peach/Daisy or Luigi/Waluigi. Technically still the same character, but the color would be a nod to Lucina.  I hope we get more than that though.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

You added a spoiler tag but it does absolutely nothing to warn anybody about what your spoiling. You could of just went under the characters initial alias or something.

Lucina as a Marth skin might not work well even in her Marth disguise, partially due to the mannerism that Marth normally has with his Falchion would look weird with Lucina. No doubt there should be some representative from FE: Awakening but I'd rather see Lucina or someone else appear as a assist trophy or a separate character then just a skin.