By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli's console sales numbers and forecasts (or "WTF, is this for real?")

They do claim it to be installed base, not sold. So if it breaks and you don't fix it, or if more people stop playing it (for wii2 instead) then numbers could go down. Without them even trying to mention what they think the install base of PS2 is or going to do, it's pointless...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
libellule said:
I have find this article before
the Wii under the Xbox360 WW was unexpected but it is because I support VGC
At the end, who knows the truth ....

It's very simple. We know Nintendo had shipped 20.13 million Wiis by the end of 2007, and it's impossible for 2 million Wiis to be sitting on shelves because:

1) The Wii was sold out practically everywhere at that time.

2) In any case, 2 million is not a normal number for consoles sitting on the retail channel.

3) M$ shipped 17,7 million 360:s. So it's also impossible to have sold 500k more than it has been shipped... Btw. This is at least the 3rd topic about this subject. Although, i still haven't got bored laughing at the graph and more than 18M 360:s sold.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Hah, just like everybody said, PS3 FTW!!!!!11111 ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Well ,actually I am wrong if they had just added NPD ,MC and GFK lifetimes for all consoles at 31 dec the 360 would be much lower .Around 15 million .

As for the userbase decreasing its a big mistake .Either that or they are using some kind of adjustement based on machines dying and not being replaced who knows .Sounds more like a mistake .

As for the Nintendo shipped figure we still dont know some things .There is a lot of stock in Japan and have been for all the holiday sesion so it definitively hasnt sold out worlwide .In Europe I wouldnt say either that it has completely sold out even in holidays .Here in Spain it was quite hard to find around the 20dec-06 jan in Madrid and Barcelona but some smaller cities had stock .Plus there are always some units missing in action ,those that are in the airports stores etc that hardly sell at all .We dont know either if Nintendo counts under shipped the replacement units etc .

Where the fuck do these guys get their numbers, lol?

You know, why don't they just go by units shipped to retail, anyway? It's much more accurate. Their numbers are retardedly misconstrued.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I hope I'm not one of those 3 million or more Wii owners whose consoles disappear. I'll be pissed if I am =(

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17412

The original iSuppli thread was hilarious with the fake graphs.

But the REAL graph takes the cake.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This graph does make sense!! I'll explain...

First I though Microsoft would attack Japan using nuclear bombs and destroy the Wii's installed base this way - the decrease on X360 base would be the result of an non-nuclear Japanese counter attack! But this scenario would not explain the PS3's constant increase...
So only with the second (and a little more human) scenario it all comes together - Sony plans to take some last desperate chance, buying back the Wii and X360 consoles already sold to the costumers by giving each of them 10000 dollars and a bunch of PS3s!

The graph is not charting total console sales but % of market share. My guess as to why it starts with zero is they considered the install base of the previous gen...but at some unknown time they totally strip that out. This is why the graph has lines that end up decreasing. Still it's a horrible chart and makes little sense.

edit: well the webpage itself does say lifetime console sales...wtf.  anyone who hires this company to do market research would be better off burning the money and buying a magic 8 ball.

izaaz101 said:
HappySqurriel said:
So, it appears that iSuppli believes that the Wii will continue to sell well until June and then stop selling all together ...

Does Crazzyman work at iSuppli by any chance?

WTF, man! Don't insult CrazzyMan like that.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!