By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any good wrpgs?

Jade Empire i admit i havent played, i bought it the other day but im busy with lost odyssey. Fable ive played the original and lost chapters. They are both awesome.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

You can't miss Fallout.

WiiPC

shio said:
The best wRpg's ever:

Baldur's Gate 2
Fallout series
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Planescape: Torment

I just bought morrowind for 3 dollars lol. Ill check the others out.

Shio most of those seem to be pc. Would my specs pentium dual core e2140 oced to 2.8ghz, 2gb of ddr2 ram, nvidia geforce 8600gt run it.

Yeah they would run fine, they are all fairly old (as in a couple of yrs back)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Planescape Torment : WRPG, less action, more text

Baldur's gate 1 and 2 : WRPG

DeusEx : FPS/RPG

System shock 1 and 2 : FPS/RPG

there are all old so u should check 2nd hand or compilation or even dl it using emule/torrent (for system shock1/2/planescape)

Time to Work !

starcraft said:
Fable. BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! Preferably the lost chapters edition.

yeah i forgot about fable you should but this,or if you want more get kotor 1.2 and jade empire and mass effect theyre all good wrpgs

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Alright I just bought fable and morrowind and should be receiving them in a few days. I already have mass effect and might buy baldurs gate and kotor.

For what systems, exactly? Here's a quick rundown...

PC: Baldur's Gate 1, 2, and expansions; Planescape: Torment; Icewind Dale 1 & 2; Diablo II; Might & Magic 6 & 7; Deus Ex; Fallout 1 & 2; Wizardry 8; Nox (I may be alone in remembering this game)

PC/XBOX: KotOR 1 & 2; Jade Empire; TES: Morrowind; Arx Fatalis; The Bard's Tale; Fable (Didn't care for it myself, but listing for completion's sake)

360: Mass Effect

360/PC/PS3: TES: Oblivion

PS2/PC: Summoner 1 & 2

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom