By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumors about January Nintendo Direct

that was pretty laughable, but I think we all want it to be true. pokken would be the funniest game ever made for a Nintendo console (except conkers bad fur day). Zelda this holiday would be INSANE. Metroid this year would also be insane. That would be every major Nintendo franchise released in 2 years. what would they have left? the vague "game changing surprises" and "third parties closing in around Nintendo" along with pokken makes it seem preeeeety unreliable... unfortunately

Around the Network

I would be so happy.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

while we're on the subject of reviving old franchises; I told my buddy I was getting a little tired of the games out now and would love an ice climbers open world 3rd person adventure game and he laughed at me saying "what are you going to tell people? put down your assault rifles and pick up a hammer!?" and then delightful surprise rolled across my eyes and as i replied with an emphatic "yes!" I'd love for a wii motion plus game based on cool hammer attacks.

snowdog said:
So has the creator of this thread made all of this up..? I can't find any of this on Gaf anywhere.

I don't do this. Thanks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97699544&postcount=1079

Click HERE and be happy 

Zelhawks37 said:
If half of that is true... Oh man.

Ha!.  Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.

The thing that doesn't hold water, beyond the whole "two Metroids in development, and one is almost done" (really, really doubtful), is that the context of the rumor is all surrounding a January Nintendo Direct.  But obviously megatons of this nature would be enough for two E3s, let alone a single ND stream. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network

If we at vgc don't consider posts made my seasoned and verified gaffers as 'legit' and simply write them off as "some random guy on gaf" why in the name of hell are we making threads about posts made by junior gaffers, on their FIRST posts?

So when is Nintendo Direct?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

In a more likely reality, February.

lucidium said:
Solid-Stark said:

In a more likely reality, February.

Thanks.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

There's a good chance we'll see one next Wednesday. If Nintendo intend to continue the Wii U they'll need some major news to distract retailers, consumers and the gaming media from the financial report.