By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtakes Vita...

Bruxel said:
veritaz said:
Bruxel said:
not to long for wii u to overtake vita hardware sales

It sold almost the same amount of hardware last year as Vita. And sold less this week. I don't think it will outsell it for a while unless the games boost the hardware up by a lot.

alot of big titles coming to wii U, nothing to great coming to vita. Wii U will beat vita lifetime sales.

these two strugglers struggle

As of yet.

E3 aint here yet and after 2014 then what for WiiU? Zelda and Metroid  move console a hell lot less than  Smash and Mario Kart

Obscure Vita 2014 games to look out for

Kick and Fennick Murusaki Baby Metrico

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Ugh, Reply button is broken...

But to the two above me who quoted me... It DID happen with the 3DS, but I am cautiously optimistic about it happening with the Wii U simply because lightning rarely strikes the same place twice... lol

Edit: Changed a sentence to more accurately reflect who I was responding to, haha

Welcome to the site. You need to remove the "e" in your youtube link. Plus I subscribed.

Eh hehe, thank you! ^^;

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
eFKac said:
Every smallest victory counts, right?

I guess it does in the console wars lol.

lol, vita has always been teh doomzies!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Real good achievement. XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I don't really care either way but it's odd to see people disputing that handhelds sell a lot more games digitally than home consoles. I thought this was known and accepted.

From Ubisoft's last investors conference call:

Q: Vita Digital Downloads?
A: 15-20%, more important in US than EU.

Won't last long. Enjoy it while you can.

P.S. According to vgchartz Vita outsold Wii U during the week of 11th Jan this year. Oh dear. Short lived lead of Wii U. :D

Super_Boom said:

I'm personally of the mind that this isn't a really fair comparison, since handhelds tend to have better digital sales. I made this comment on the Fire Emblem vs. Ni no Kuni thread, so it only makes sense I make it here too.

That's right... at least for me.

For mobile devices (Vita, 3DS, iPad...) I prefer the digital versions over retail versions. I don't want to carry around a bag of modules additional to the device itself, it's a matter of convenience.

For devices which I don't carry around (home consoles & PC) I prefer retail versions... at least if the digital version ain't a lot cheaper (Steam-Sales, PSN-Sales...).

spurgeonryan said:
Too bad third parties and investors won't take notice.

What percentage of those Wii U sales do you think is third party

burninmylight said:

VGChartz logic:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

I think I'll make a thread of this.

So a joke post from a very balanced user spawned a thread with an anti-Sony fan agenda?

Some people really need to calm down.