By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtakes Vita...

I'm personally of the mind that this isn't a really fair comparison, since handhelds tend to have better digital sales. I made this comment on the Fire Emblem vs. Ni no Kuni thread, so it only makes sense I make it here too.

Though really, people shouldn't latch on to that 60% number so closely. It almost certainly includes classic games and digital-only games, which isn't being taken into account on the Wii U side either.

burninmylight said:

VGChartz logic:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

I think I'll make a thread of this.

This pretty sums it up. XD Especially number 2. It's like people forget the reason for bundles in the first place.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Well, that's not weird. But we have to take in count the high digital sales that vita has. Besides Nintendo is hard to beat when it comes to sales of first-party games. The console already has a 3d mario, Nintendo land, zelda and NSMBU bundled too. So, is good but not an accomplishment, if we compare it with Vita lol

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
kayoss said:

Lmfao!  Wii u is a home console and vita is a hand held. Choke on that!

Are you really gonna ignore the fact that the DS, which is a handheld, outsold the ps3, 360 and wii while making that comment? Unless you are siding with the wiiU, then ignore this comment

I think he means in terms of software sales, handhelds have a lot less software sales compared to home consoles. DS didn't even sell more software than 360. Compare the DS to PS2, It  didn't even sell half the software. So for the Wii U passing the vita(even though it probably still has some time to pass it if you count digital sales) It's not that impressive because it's a handheld.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Are those... Photoshopped? A+

And yayy... WiiU is less doomed now!!! I see a slightly brighter future for the underdog!!!!

Wii-U is the underdog? Didn't it come out first as a followup to one of the best selling consoles in history?..

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Lawlight said:

Indie, PSP or PS1, a game purchased on the Vita should be counted as software sales for the Vita. Also, I don't see anything being mentioned about NA only.

Wii U has indie, SNES, NES and e-shop games.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

WiiU saved?

Somini said:
WiiU saved?

forever doomedz

Click HERE and be happy 

99% I think that Vita's Digital sales eclipse Wii-U sales. But hey, I cant prove it.

But hey, looks like Vita sold more units last week compared to the Wii-U, so I guess its all fair in war.....
Vita love baby.

Lawlight said:
benji232 said:
Fusioncode said:
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
60% digital for the Vita...

That stat is complete bullshit. Show me some proof, an article, anything. Other then pulling a number out of the blue.  You're telling me sony sold 20million digital games on psvita? Give me a break man.

EDIT: Sorry in advance if it was a joke post, my joke detector on the internet is pretty weak.

I think he's talking about this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/60-percent-of-all-ps-vita-purchases-made-digitally/1100-6409663/

Probably including all indie, psp, ps1 game purchases. And that comment was for the NA market only. But I guess this proves that he didn't take that 60% out of nowhere.

Indie, PSP or PS1, a game purchased on the Vita should be counted as software sales for the Vita. Also, I don't see anything being mentioned about NA only.

Jack Tretton is the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America. That makes it pretty obvious right there. And this is a thread comparing retail game sales vs retail game sales. So no, we're not including virtual console sales, indie game sales, ps1 sales, etc.

And by the way, I love the vita. I'm not hating on it (I own one myself). But the fact that wiiU software sales surpassed vita software sales with 1 year less on the market shows just how poorly they supported the system themselves. 1-2 first party releases per year is not acceptable.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Digital sales are a lot larger than wiiU. I wouldn't be surprised if they account for more sales. I also don't take that much stock in the opinion of someone who puts a z after every word.