By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fusion - Will you play?

But how much would that super high end console cost?

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
But how much would that super high end console cost?

I don't think the specs rumored are true. Nintendo has only seen failure when it went high-end.

I'd think they would go for a $300 home and $200 portable at max.

No I won't, and it looks really weak for a home console successor, for a handheld successor fairly powerful but nothing mind blowing, depending on when it would launch, anyway the leak looked fake.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

The idea seems alright but....

I still think the idea of the PSP Go will/should be Nintendo's future; a portable gaming device, yet at home you can place it on the dock that's connected to your TV and use the Dual Shock 3 controller to game (or in Nintendo's case, their gamepad). But include a slot for phyical games, good online features, and the ability to connect with multiple controllers for local play.

This eliminates the whole idea of cross platform as it'll all be on one device. Since Nintendo is struggling on home console yet dominating the handheld console so Nintendo might as well just forget all of that and just make one console to rule them all. Forget making a NSMB, MK, Smash Bros etc...each for the home console and portable, but just make one.

padib said:
Also, add a poll to OP so I could answer no. I don't want to have to buy two consoles to play the same games.

I don't want a poll. They lose out on dialog.

Who said you had to buy to consoles to play same games? You buy what you want.

Japan would largely only buy portables.

My house (large family) would be all.

A single person may only want the portable.

Point is, at least the entire nintendo catelog is available to you. I want to play Zelda ALBW and now I could even if I'm not a portable gamer.

Additionally, 3rd parties may be more inclined to work with Nintendo as its all one platform and they all know that at least the portable platform will dominate.

Around the Network
padib said:

I don't want to buy two consoles to play on the go and at home, especially more if it's the same games on both.

e.g. they can do much better than that, and I've provided the solution. I will make a full thread about it soon, hoping to make some noise.

I look forward to your thread.

Depends on the release date and price.

Any sooner then Holiday 2016 and I'd feel dumb for buying the Wii U.

Dream_While_Awake said:
Depends on the release date and price.

Any sooner then Holiday 2016 and I'd feel dumb for buying the Wii U.

Agreed.

They'd want to get its SDK and hardware pretty well done this year so devs have plenty of time to make a solid launch selection.

I think that's the biggest mistake with all of these launches (MSony included). They don't provide ample time for new development.

This sounds awesome. I'd buy it.

I dislike Nintendo fanfiction. Pass.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero