By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Designer of Bravely Default FF (Square-Enix) says Bravely Second will look better.

Tagged games:

Bravely Default was quite a nice-looking game but the designer of the sequel — Bravely Second — has explain how he’s going to make it look even nicer:

In the previous game, we felt the resolution was too low when zooming in. But this time, the denser background and camera zoom in does not affect quality, and unlike the previous game I don’t feel that [Bravely Second] falls apart when the camera is closer.

But of course, it’ll be a long while before we see this game on store shelves (and probably longer before we see it in the west).

Around the Network

Sigh... we don't even have the first game out on NA yet and Japan is getting the Sequel soon enough... Someone needs to slap the localization people

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Awesome. Just as long as it doesn't come out anytime soon. To many games to play at once.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Sigh... we don't even have the first game out on NA yet and Japan is getting the Sequel soon enough... Someone needs to slap the localization people

right? Just like Xillia/Xillia 2 , lol

Well that's the least he can do given how simplistic character models currently are

KingWithNoKrown said:

Awesome. Just as long as it doesn't come out anytime soon. To many games to play at once.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

right? Just like Xillia/Xillia 2 , lol

At least it looks like they're gonna do a better job with Zestiria. 

Around the Network

Just picked the first one today, cant wait to play it. SQEX should definitely make a series out of this. Maybe in the future it can even get home console releases

ktay95 said:
Just picked the first one today, cant wait to play it. SQEX should definitely make a series out of this. Maybe in the future it can even get home console releases

Square-Enix only made this IP because of 3D.

But if enough people own a 3D TV n the future, then maybe we will get a Home Console release, but that seems like a 5 or so years waiting we would be doing for a Home Console one.

I wouldn't hold our breath.

Kaizar said:
ktay95 said:

But if enough people own a 3D TV n the future, then maybe we will get a Home Console release, but that seems like a 5 or so years waiting we would be doing for a Home Console one.

but the characters are so ugly on3DS compared to this amazing artwork =(

At least the game so far has been amazing

ktay95 said:
Kaizar said:
ktay95 said:

But if enough people own a 3D TV in the future, then maybe we will get a Home Console release, but that seems like a 5 or so years waiting we would be doing for a Home Console one.

but the characters are so ugly on3DS compared to this amazing artwork =(

At least the game so far has been amazing

I wasn't talking about the models, but I think they looked cute in the first game, but yeah, I do want way more better models that can actually look something like the artwork, instead of that basic look, and I think we will get those.

The 3DS has way more better textures & shader abilities then the Wii, and the 3DS is capable or around the same polygons vertex performence as the Vita and the 3DS has around 100 shader cores and the 3DS can do at least 5 times more open world then Lego City Undercover with polygon graphics; according to such Devs as Warner Bros. & High Voltage & Lego & etc.

Just compare Donkey Kong Country Returns on both Wii & 3DS, and same goes for Mario and Sonic London Olympics & Spider-Man Edge of Time for Wii vs. 3DS.

Ironfall is another good example, and with only 7.24 million polygons because there is only 2 or so Devs who developed IronFall. Games like Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate & Final Fantasy 13 have like 130 million & 300 million polygons, and look horrible.

You can click e YouTube link in my signature to check out 3DS vs. Wii comparison on character models.