By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW and SW Up 11th January 2014

JWeinCom said:
Pretty bad drop for Wii U. Maybe Wii Fit U could help save things, but Nintendo seems to have given up on advertising any of their casual titles, so probably not.

I think the Wii U is being undertracked by a decent amount because Wii Fit U was released Jan 10 in the USA on retail. That had to push the Wii U sales above 70k.

Around the Network

Oh my god....Well on the bright side the PS4 and 3DS are beasts and the XBO isn't doing all too bad.

I hate everyone that don't buy a WiiU

awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:
Pretty bad drop for Wii U. Maybe Wii Fit U could help save things, but Nintendo seems to have given up on advertising any of their casual titles, so probably not.

I think the Wii U is being undertracked by a decent amount because Wii Fit U was released Jan 10 in the USA on retail. That had to push the Wii U sales above 70k.

or maybe people dont give a crap about WIi fit anymore

GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah, those pictures of queues outside of Gamestop surely suggest you're right.

I still can't understand the PS3 adjustment. That's around 3 million it's been adjusted down over the last 12 months.

PS3 now have the sales in line with NPD for US but we need some more info (Nintendo Chartz) about Europe and others.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:

Maybe...maybe not. How would VGChartz know because it is just a prediction that Wii U sold around 50k.

melbye said:
I hate everyone that don't buy a WiiU

lol

awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:

I honestly doubt Wii Fit U would do that much to help, especialy just one day.

BlowoverKing said:
Very depressing NA number for Vita but they were expected. On a more positive note it's at least still tracking above it's 2013 numbers thanks to Japan!

Vita's first 2 weeks:

2014- 197,609
2013- 131,840

Unfortunately bad news for us western Vita owners though, because if it continues on like this I can see the device becoming Japan-only.  It's the only region it's pulling any weight in and western localization houses aren't going to prop the device up forever if they aren't getting the sales they need from it (and I have no idea if they are or not, but it's hard to imagine they're doing too well).

Sad times.  Sony need to give the device a push in March worldwide.  Price cut in Japan to go alongside Soul Sacrifice / Hatsune Miku / Phantasy Star Online 2; Vita 2000 + Vita TV + price cut + FFX HD + Borderlands 2 in the west.  Might do smething to keep it alive at least.

awesomeabe1998 said:
oniyide said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:

Maybe...maybe not. How would VGChartz know because it is just a prediction that Wii U sold around 50k.

que? its there job to track these things. do you think they undertracked, because if you do you are going to have to provide a bit more evidence than I want it too do better or some game came out that wasnt even advertised.