By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the ps4 beat the 3ds in weekly sales when released in Japan?

Is it going to happen?

Yup 42 48.28%

Nope 33 37.93%

Hmm... 12 13.79%

Total:87

...I don´t think that the PS4 has the software support (yet) to outsell the 3DS on a regular basis.

I don´t think that the PS4 will be the runaway success that revitalises the homeconsole industry like some of the more positive people are predicting.

Around the Network

It's still too early in it's life, so no. Years 2, 3, and 4 though, absolutely.

During few weeks but the 3DS will be ahead after that !

It might, but just on that first week.

AZWification said:

Nope. What Japan centric  games does the PS4 have besides Yakuza? None.

While Yakuza may be the most (only?) popular one, this is not true at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
No, unless they get like a crazy game such as Monster Hunter, I wouldn't get my hope up against the 3ds.. Initially, yes, but after the hype, down it goes...

Why is the arguement always monster hunter?... You realise uncharted is bigger than MH, right? And one is being made for ps4.

Didn't this just happen this week (week of 11th) without Japan?

Fusioncode said:
PS4 doesn't really have system selling software in Japan this year. Aside from Yakuza Ishin but that's also on PS3. PS4 will probably beat the 3DS for a few weeks and then stabilize under it.

This. I do think it can outsell it world wide, but not in Japan. Definitely not.

Mystro-Sama said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
No, unless they get like a crazy game such as Monster Hunter, I wouldn't get my hope up against the 3ds.. Initially, yes, but after the hype, down it goes...

Why is the arguement always monster hunter?... You realise uncharted is bigger than MH, right? And one is being made for ps4.

In the West. Not in Japan. 3DS has a game for every territory that can compete with the PS4's possible line up, but the 3DS will absolutely decimate it in Japan after the initial launch burst. Enjoy being the top home console. All consoles is a whole different ballgame.

Yes............