By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Gran Turismo 6

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

selnor1983 said:

Im not after a war. If you want genuine convo on forza vs gt. PM me.

I'm not fighting... I'm only explaining to you.

No Im not saying you are. But if we start comparing Forza with GT in here, its gonna blow up to shit. Not necessarily me and you, but others will wade on in and there goes the thread.

If genuine discussion is what you want we can do this outside this thread, or make a specific Forza 5 vs GT6 thread.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

720p runs perfectly is definitely wrong, obviously. If one notices frame-drops is subjective but it is definitely not perfect as the videos proof.

It is... not just me but most GT players are playing in 720p because it is perfect in this resolution... I can't say I saw any screen tearing or anything else in 720p.

Like I said variable framerate is not bad is the implementation is good... see GoWIII.

I hope you will *never* again complain about a not stable framerate *ever* again. Especially racers should keep a constant framerate and GT6 isn't able to do so, neither 1080p nor 720p. But as long as you don't notice it, it's fine, sure. Oh no, it's even "perfect".

walsufnir said:

I hope you will *never* again complain about a not stable framerate *ever* again. Especially racers should keep a constant framerate and GT6 isn't able to do so, neither 1080p nor 720p. But as long as you don't notice it, it's fine, sure. Oh no, it's even "perfect".

Sorry? I just complaim about fps below 30fps... I never have issue with variable 30-60fps if it is smooth.

walsufnir said:

Why did they even bother with 1080P?

Man, Forza defense force already derailed the thread?

Around the Network
torok said:

Pretty much.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
torok said:

Pretty much.

The worst part is that is basically an informative thread, just what says in a DF article. 

selnor1983 said:
ethomaz said:

selnor1983 said:

Im not after a war. If you want genuine convo on forza vs gt. PM me.

I'm not fighting... I'm only explaining to you.

No Im not saying you are. But if we start comparing Forza with GT in here, its gonna blow up to shit. Not necessarily me and you, but others will wade on in and there goes the thread.

If genuine discussion is what you want we can do this outside this thread, or make a specific Forza 5 vs GT6 thread.

i dont understand why comparisons to FM5 are offlimits, the OP clearly posted a quote from the artical that made a comparison.

OP GT has always been one of my fav series but this gen i think they just lost touch, i spent about80hrs or so on GT5 and didnt really give GT6 a chance, judging by the sales alot of people share my opinion.Hopefully the next gen title will be up to thier standards.

2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:

i dont understand why comparisons to FM5 are offlimits, the OP clearly posted a quote from the artical that made a comparison.

OP GT has always been one of my fav series but this gen i think they just lost touch, i spent about80hrs or so on GT5 and didnt really give GT6 a chance, judging by the sales alot of people share my opinion.Hopefully the next gen title will be up to thier standards.

Who says they're off-limits, it just often results in bans of the usual suspects.

OP didn't make a comparison, but yes Forza was indeed mentioned in that article. Quick 'Forza' search
we're seeing state-of-the-art features that aren't even present in the next-gen Forza Motorsport 5.
In either mode (720p/1080p), texture filtering is used well enough to avoid losing significant texture detail at steep angles - unlike the competing Forza 5.
Polyphony Digital insists on updating all reflections and mirrors at the same rate as the game itself. Games such as Forza 5 actually decouple these elements and display them at a variable frame-rate

Where did PD lose touch for you? I've spend more time on GT5 this gen than on any other GT. There was just so much to do, plus the newness of playing GT online. GT6 now feels small in comparison. I finished career mode, all gold, under 60 hours, together with the seasonal events. The new tracks are great, and day/night/weather on many more tracks is awesome, yet GT5 felt grander. I'm missing Rally and F1 from career mode. Moon buggy is nice but over way too soon. No real endurance races, no custom tracks (yet), no procedurally generated rally tracks. No xp progression and small payouts make the online less atractive as well. A lot of people simply hang out in tune and cruise rooms, not bothering with racing :/

SvennoJ said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:

Who says they're off-limits, it just often results in bans of the usual suspects.

OP didn't make a comparison, but yes Forza was indeed mentioned in that article. Quick 'Forza' search
we're seeing state-of-the-art features that aren't even present in the next-gen Forza Motorsport 5.
In either mode (720p/1080p), texture filtering is used well enough to avoid losing significant texture detail at steep angles - unlike the competing Forza 5.
Polyphony Digital insists on updating all reflections and mirrors at the same rate as the game itself. Games such as Forza 5 actually decouple these elements and display them at a variable frame-rate

Where did PD lose touch for you? I've spend more time on GT5 this gen than on any other GT. There was just so much to do, plus the newness of playing GT online. GT6 now feels small in comparison. I finished career mode, all gold, under 60 hours, together with the seasonal events. The new tracks are great, and day/night/weather on many more tracks is awesome, yet GT5 felt grander. I'm missing Rally and F1 from career mode. Moon buggy is nice but over way too soon. No real endurance races, no custom tracks (yet), no procedurally generated rally tracks. No xp progression and small payouts make the online less atractive as well. A lot of people simply hang out in tune and cruise rooms, not bothering with racing :/

its hard to say really i just dont get the same feeling when i play thier latest installments. I was a GT 3 and 4 nut played them nonstop till my PS2 died. Heck they even got my started in my real car hobby, the new ones seem so rushed which is ironic because 5 took forever to release. Myabe i just over hyped them myself and was let down.