By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Gran Turismo 6

Tagged games:

selnor1983 said:
I actually preferred GT5's visuals. It seemed less blurry. Also I noticed quite a lot of framerate drops. I didn't play it longer than about an hour, but the whole thing felt a step backwards from GT5. And the engine sounds sound like a Scooter 50cc. Im not going to make any comparisons to Forza 5 because that's not remotely fair. But compared to last generation sim games, I thought GT6 was pretty bad.

You're right it's not fair to compare a game that actually does next-gen racing with loads of content, to one that's not much more then a tech demo under perfect driving conditions, and still needs to resort to static 2D crowd bitmaps.

GT6 visuals are improved, it doesn't seem more blurry to me. I've only played it for 68 hours so far on a projector, maybe I haven't had enough time with it yet to see the blurryness.

It is a step back in other areas:
- No Formula 1 races
- No shuffle mode online
- No endurance races (beyond the 24 minute ones)
- No custom tracks (to be patched in later)
- No random rally track races

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

so you now say a fluctuating frame rate (in a racing game for god sake) is running "perfectly".... I shall make a note for future reference.

No I'm saying you can see the drops ingame... that it... in 1080p is pretty noticiable like I commented since release... now in 720p you can't see it.

kowenicki said:

your exact words are it is "running perfectly".

Maybe it is because I played it a lot of time in 720p?

SvennoJ said:
selnor1983 said:
I actually preferred GT5's visuals. It seemed less blurry. Also I noticed quite a lot of framerate drops. I didn't play it longer than about an hour, but the whole thing felt a step backwards from GT5. And the engine sounds sound like a Scooter 50cc. Im not going to make any comparisons to Forza 5 because that's not remotely fair. But compared to last generation sim games, I thought GT6 was pretty bad.

You're right it's not fair to compare a game that actually does next-gen racing with loads of content, to one that's not much more then a tech demo under perfect driving conditions, and still needs to resort to static 2D crowd bitmaps.

GT6 visuals are improved, it doesn't seem more blurry to me. I've only played it for 68 hours so far on a projector, maybe I haven't had enough time with it yet to see the blurryness.

It is a step back in other areas:
- No Formula 1 races
- No shuffle mode online
- No endurance races (beyond the 24 minute ones)
- No custom tracks (to be patched in later)
- No random rally track races

I wont discuss Forza vs GT here. PM me if you want to talk further.

kowenicki said:

maybe its because you used the wrong words.

You should have said, "it is not running perfectly but it doesnt matter as you cant tell."....

No if you would care to rememeber that next time you pick to pieces a competitor game for some insignificant nuance that doesnt matter I'd really appreciate it.

The words are mine... so they are not wrong.

And I even don't know what are you taling about...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
selnor1983 said:

GT6 uses motion blur like Forza and so now the senssation of speed is better than GT5 (GT5 didn't used motion blur)... GT5 have less or none trembling that makes it looks sharper (1080p vs 1080p).

Sound is yet the same in both games.

Been along time since I played GT5. The sounds were bad if I remember , so if they are the same then yeah. Ah ok on the motion blur. It doesnt feel the same as Forza though. Ill discuss that further if you wish, but not in a Sony thread.

selnor1983 said:

Been along time since I played GT5. The sounds were bad if I remember , so if they are the same then yeah. Ah ok on the motion blur. It doesnt feel the same as Forza though. Ill discuss that further if you wish, but not in a Sony thread.

Motion blur is motion blur... GT5 looks sharper than Forza 5 too but the speed senssaton is compromissed.

ethomaz said:

selnor1983 said:

Motion blur is motion blur... GT5 looks sharper than Forza 5 too but the speed senssaton is compromissed.

Im not after a war. If you want genuine convo on forza vs gt. PM me.

selnor1983 said:

Im not after a war. If you want genuine convo on forza vs gt. PM me.

I'm not fighting... I'm only explaining to you.

ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

Oh dear. Not the inconsistency 60 FPS part, but using elements from the PS2 when the PS4 is already available is just crazy. I can't believe Sony even allowed this for a franchise that used to be that big.

The article says too the game already have more PS4-next-gen content that any next-gen game released... most tracks and over 500 cars are ready for PS4 already.

About the framerate I said before the game have some drops like in Battlefield 4 for Xbone... the image gets trembling because that in 1080p... 720p is smooth.

lol is that supposed to be a good thing? So when you buy GT7, a huge chunk of the game is just reused PS3 assets. I don't understand why PD does this. They waste so much time making these cars look so good in replays and picture modes that aren't relevant to actual gameplay and as a result most of the actual gameplay, sounds, and AI remain virtually unchanged and unimpressive.

I would much rather they take their time with GT7, completely rebuild the game most importantly AI, and give us an entirely PS4 game. I hope GT6 sales are much lower than previous games because people are tired of paying for shitty tiered content, and if they continue it for GT7 I hope it "flops" too. This used to be my favorite gaming franchise, it annoys me the way PD has ruined it.