By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - sign if you are solely a pc gamer.

got pc?

yes,and i am a sole-ly pc gamer 8 17.39%

yes,and its my main gaming platform 14 30.43%

yes,but it is not my main platform 16 34.78%

yes,but its broken 0 0%

no,but i am thinking of buying one soon 1 2.17%

no,and i will no buy it even in future 1 2.17%

no,cause pc gaming su**s 5 10.87%

Total:45
fatslob-:O said:
F0X said:

Good enough to run most 7th gen games on low-to-mid settings. 4GB RAM, 1.7GHz dual-core processor, Windows 7 OS. Basically good for an Ultrabook (lol), but I'll be upgrading to an 8th-gen ready desktop later this year. And yes, I shall indeed build it myself like a smart person.

What ever you do stay away from those AMD processors. Their graphics cards are really nice but I can't reccommend their processors for serious gaming. Label me an intel fanboy or whatever but intel always takes a shit on AMD in the processor side of things. 

AMD's kaveri APUs are looking mighty promising with OpenCL 2.0 but that stuff is not for gaming and is meant for accelerating certain parts of a massively parrallel processing task in a program just like intel's xeon phis. 

Appreciated, but I've already been advised to go with Intel.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
F0X said:

Good enough to run most 7th gen games on low-to-mid settings. 4GB RAM, 1.7GHz dual-core processor, Windows 7 OS. Basically good for an Ultrabook (lol), but I'll be upgrading to an 8th-gen ready desktop later this year. And yes, I shall indeed build it myself like a smart person.

What ever you do stay away from those AMD processors. Their graphics cards are really nice but I can't reccommend their processors for serious gaming. Label me an intel fanboy or whatever but intel always takes a shit on AMD in the processor side of things. 

AMD's kaveri APUs are looking mighty promising with OpenCL 2.0 but that stuff is not for gaming and is meant for accelerating certain parts of a massively parrallel processing task in a program just like intel's xeon phis. 

Which GPU manufacturer are you thinking of going with ? AMD or Nvidia. 

toot1231 said:

1. Was only pc for a good 3 years.
2010-2013
but my PC cant run modern games now so I dont bother.

I play Wii U and 3ds alot more. PS4 occasionally only 1 game I like.

You must have bought a pretty horrible PC if that's the case.
I've seen PC's twice as old capable of running all the latest games just fine, mine is 2 years old going on 3 and I bet you can't find a game I can't run at ultra@1080P or even 1440P.

Chances are, depending on your specifications... You just need a GPU upgrade.

RCTjunkie said:
Why would anyone who only games on PC be on a website regarding console sales? Just curious.....

Why not? This forum is as good as any.
Allot of console games are available on PC and better than the console variants.
The PC is a platform that can compete with consoles on many fronts, granted this Forum heavily favors console gamers more than any other segment... I do prefer reading peoples arguments of which console is better rather than more PC centric forums where it seems to be nVidia vs AMD or Intel vs AMD. (That can get old real fast.)

As for me... I'm a PC gamer, primarily.
I only play console games for a couple of exclusives when I can get past the horrible graphics, single screen and sub-par audio with inferior controls and the price of games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I love PC gaming but PS3 is my main console, although I haven't played in a week due to playing Katawa Shoujo.

i have an amd pc, runs my games on ultra high settings. I love it. Ssd is the greatest thing. I keep it under my tv as a gaming console. i'm new to pc gaming (3yrs now). I mostly use Wii U though, morning till night.

Around the Network
F0X said:

With miners driving up the cost of AMD GPU's, probably better off with nVidia if gaming is all you're interested in. :P
Otherwise, you can do some litecoin mining to offset the cards costs when you aren't using the PC if you go with an AMD card.

Glad you aren't jumping on the AMD CPU bandwagon though, they're really horrible performers.

Although it was an anomaly rather than the norm, during 2013, my gaming split was: 90% PC - 10% 3DS and I still have a decent backlog waiting for me on Steam.

Edit: Looking back, it was my most played platform in 2012 as well. 

Nintendo prevents me from being solely a PC gamer, but without them I would probabally be one.

Pemalite said:
F0X said:

With miners driving up the cost of AMD GPU's, probably better off with nVidia if gaming is all you're interested in. :P
Otherwise, you can do some litecoin mining to offset the cards costs when you aren't using the PC if you go with an AMD card.

Glad you aren't jumping on the AMD CPU bandwagon though, they're really horrible performers.

@Bold Wait wut ?! I've always hated AMD CPUs since 08. Even though amd kaveri dissappointed me fairly I thought that there may be some hope when software developers start adopting OpenCL 2.0 where it will actually take advantage hUMA and hQ. 

Sure miners are driving up the costs of AMD cards but this is a good thing for AMD seeing as how they'll get an even bigger market share than they have now. BTW Nvidia has always sucked ass in integer performance and that's why miners avoid their asses when choosing some hardware to mine so really they only have AMD to look for seeing as how they have a monopoly on that market. 

Pemalite said:
F0X said:

@Bold Wait wut ?! I've always hated AMD CPUs since 08. Even though amd kaveri dissappointed me fairly I thought that there may be some hope when software developers start adopting OpenCL 2.0 where it will actually take advantage hUMA and hQ. 

Sure miners are driving up the costs of AMD cards but this is a good thing for AMD seeing as how they'll get an even bigger market share than they have now. BTW Nvidia has always sucked ass in integer performance and that's why miners avoid their asses when choosing some hardware to mine so really they only have AMD to look for seeing as how they have a monopoly on that market. 

That was in reply to FOX. :P

The big take away about AMD and Mining cards is... It's all going to crash eventually, expect cheap Radeon 7000/R9 cards to flood the market eventually! Hoorah! Cheap and Powerfull upgrades for everyone!