By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - sign if you are solely a pc gamer.

got pc?

yes,and i am a sole-ly pc gamer 8 17.39%

yes,and its my main gaming platform 14 30.43%

yes,but it is not my main platform 16 34.78%

yes,but its broken 0 0%

no,but i am thinking of buying one soon 1 2.17%

no,and i will no buy it even in future 1 2.17%

no,cause pc gaming su**s 5 10.87%

Total:45

For me, its always been a split between consoles, and PC. Although I've been playing more on consoles lately.

Once I upgrade my PC I'll probably spend more time on that. Can't wait for the new Maxwell cards to come out.

Around the Network

Since I haven't been able to purchase a Wii U or 3DS, I'm currently a PC-only games. I'm currently learning to play Dota 2, I don't have many hours on it yet.

I dominate all games at max with my good ol' Pentium Dual Core from 2007. And a GeForce GTX 760, of course.

Pemalite said:
fatslob-:O said:
Pemalite said:
F0X said:

Appreciated, but I've already been advised to go with Intel.

Which GPU manufacturer are you thinking of going with ? AMD or Nvidia. 

With miners driving up the cost of AMD GPU's, probably better off with nVidia if gaming is all you're interested in. :P
Otherwise, you can do some litecoin mining to offset the cards costs when you aren't using the PC if you go with an AMD card.

Glad you aren't jumping on the AMD CPU bandwagon though, they're really horrible performers.

@Bold Wait wut ?! I've always hated AMD CPUs since 08. Even though amd kaveri dissappointed me fairly I thought that there may be some hope when software developers start adopting OpenCL 2.0 where it will actually take advantage hUMA and hQ. 

Sure miners are driving up the costs of AMD cards but this is a good thing for AMD seeing as how they'll get an even bigger market share than they have now. BTW Nvidia has always sucked ass in integer performance and that's why miners avoid their asses when choosing some hardware to mine so really they only have AMD to look for seeing as how they have a monopoly on that market. 

That was in reply to FOX. :P

The big take away about AMD and Mining cards is... It's all going to crash eventually, expect cheap Radeon 7000/R9 cards to flood the market eventually! Hoorah! Cheap and Powerfull upgrades for everyone!

Agreed.

I have a powerful gaming rig but I'm still a console gamer at heart. I will only get games for pc that require a keyboard and mouse.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nope. PS all the way.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

What ever you do stay away from those AMD processors. Their graphics cards are really nice but I can't reccommend their processors for serious gaming. Label me an intel fanboy or whatever but intel always takes a shit on AMD in the processor side of things. 

AMD's kaveri APUs are looking mighty promising with OpenCL 2.0 but that stuff is not for gaming and is meant for accelerating certain parts of a massively parrallel processing task in a program just like intel's xeon phis. 

Oh this is useful info. I was thinking about AMD processor upgrade for my current processor (which isnt that good compared to latest stuff).

Been thinkin about intel but not sure which one to get @_@.

Just go intel. In fact I am tempted to put up an intel inside avatar.

BasilZero said:

What ever you do stay away from those AMD processors. Their graphics cards are really nice but I can't reccommend their processors for serious gaming. Label me an intel fanboy or whatever but intel always takes a shit on AMD in the processor side of things. 

AMD's kaveri APUs are looking mighty promising with OpenCL 2.0 but that stuff is not for gaming and is meant for accelerating certain parts of a massively parrallel processing task in a program just like intel's xeon phis. 

Oh this is useful info. I was thinking about AMD processor upgrade for my current processor (which isnt that good compared to latest stuff).

Been thinkin about intel but not sure which one to get @_@.

That's easy to answer. The 4670K if you want your system to last a *very* long time as you can just simply overclock it.
Then just throw a new GPU at it every several years.
If you do lots of encoding/transcoding... Then the 4770K is worth it or even the 4930K/3930K.

As someone who has essentially the fastest Intel and AMD processors money can buy... Intel is easily the way to go.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

toot1231 said:

1. Was only pc for a good 3 years.
2010-2013
but my PC cant run modern games now so I dont bother.

I play Wii U and 3ds alot more. PS4 occasionally only 1 game I like.

just buy another gaming pc.

BasilZero said:

I'm a PC gamer.

Although I wouldnt say I have a main console....although I guess I play on PC the most out of them all!

Atm mainly playing GTAIV and Dead Rising 2 on Steam cause GFWL deadline ;(

I usually alternate between systems I own.

i know that.

F0X said:
F0X said:

Good enough to run most 7th gen games on low-to-mid settings. 4GB RAM, 1.7GHz dual-core processor, Windows 7 OS. Basically good for an Ultrabook (lol), but I'll be upgrading to an 8th-gen ready desktop later this year. And yes, I shall indeed build it myself like a smart person.

Appreciated, but I've already been advised to go with Intel.

Which GPU manufacturer are you thinking of going with ? AMD or Nvidia. 

AMD. I'd go with Nvidia if I had the money for something higher end.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero