By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Donate money to Nintendo

WTF..DONATE TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST CORPORATIONS IN THE WORLD! THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES DONATING THEIR ASSES OF TO CHARITY DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY MINTED OFF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Around the Network

No one helped Sony when they faceplanted with the ps3 launch.

They have to take matters into their own hands.

RolStoppable said:

Are you a joke account?

Nintendo is greedy because third parties overcharged for their games on the Wii? Turkish is a Nintendo fan? When did Nintendo ever try anything of the magnitude of Microsoft's DRM policies? You are asserting that Nintendo committed the same or worse and got away with it because of their brand-protective fans.

"Nintendo is greedy because third parties overcharged for their games on the Wii?" - Please tell me where I said such a thing.

"Turkish is a Nintendo fan?" - I don't know him. I would rather focus on people's actions, not reputations. He behaved like a Nintendo fan, I don't care about whether he really is or not.

"When did Nintendo ever try anything of the magnitude of Microsoft's DRM policies?" - http://www.geekcomix.com/vgh/fourth/nesbad.shtml (I hope you not find it a joke link)

"You are asserting that Nintendo committed the same or worse and got away with it because of their brand-protective fans." - Of course. Look at the reaction from Xbox fans when Microsoft announced the DRM policies and compare it to how Nintendo fans have been reacting everytime Nintendo makes a region lock console.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Zod95 said:
NintendoPie said:

Nintendo's market share rise and fall came to happen because of many different problems.

No, it's not a rise-and-fall. It's a rise-fall-fall-fall then again rise-fall-fall-fall. Fall is the rule, rise is the exception. The rule comes from what they are every day and night (not a coincidence of many problems that strangely get bigger 3 times in a row). The exception comes from a combination of creativity and market opportunity that only happens from time to time.

NintendoPie said:

If you are talking about Nintendo keeping their games at a higher price throughout the generation, that's because of supply and demand. If a company sees that their product is still selling at the price that it first was sold at, they're going to keep it at that price. This didn't effect Nintendo's market share.

They managed to control supply and demand in NES times (http://www.geekcomix.com/vgh/fourth/nesbad.shtml) in order to get submissive retailers and gamers. Again, you are considering that all companies think the same way. If what you say was to be right, then Game Cube console and games would have experienced many more price drops than PS2 console and games. And if you read the article I've mentioned, you will understand that it did affect Nintendo's market share. When there are cartrige shortages, games don't sell as much. When it's the console maker controlling cartrige production, 3rd parties don't get as much units as they would want. When small 3rd parties don't have decent sales, they break. When there is less competition, the console maker raises its market share and domination.

NintendoPie said:

Nintendo's console, even if it is considered a "7th generation console", is still affordable in that sphere of thought.

Affordable? Yes. Cheap? Not as much as the PS3.

NintendoPie said:

The PS3 cost more than it for awhile, then became the same price. The XB 360 was sold at the same price, for certain editions.

In what year, month, day, second did you see the PS3 or X360 more expensive than the Wii U?

NintendoPie said:

By "low-budget" remakes are you talking about WWHD? If so, how do you know without question how much it cost to make?

No. The quotation marks were not on the "low-budget" but on the "remakes". Nintendo games are low-budget and that is obvious for me even without knowing any numbers from them. Just do the following experiment: 1 - look at the production costs of high-budget games and low-budget games - 2 - make a list of the things that mostly made the games expensive - 3 - see whether those things are mostly present on the most expensive games - 4 - see if Nintendo's games have those things mostly present too. You will get to the same conclusion as me.

Regarding "remakes", I'm talking about the old same old IPs with the old same old game architectures. Nintendo is the company doing it the most. The most demanding gamers could not stand for it and decided to migrate to PlayStation as soon as it appeared. That was Sony's revolution with the PS1: a revolution of atttitude...and the market opportunity was there, gamers were desperately waiting for new games and decent quality/price offers.

NintendoPie said:

Easy, Nintendo has values. Every company, to an extent, has values. They have to follow laws.

I don't get you. Of course evey company has values and they go beyond the law. Sony and Microsoft could have adopted the region lock for PS4 and XOne (like Nintendo did for WiiU) but they didn't. Nintendo has certainly more values than Monsanto once I don't see them capable of challenging the public health. And there are many more examples of different values among different companies. The law means actually very little as some companies manage to change it with their influence while others go around it changing the market rules.

NintendoPie said:

I don't see how you can even disagree with this statement. It shows how the gaming community can come together on something and push against it. Is that bad, in your opinion?

No they don't. I won't even talk about fanboys that only want to see the other side burning. A gamer is a consumer, and a consumer only cares about him/herself. I'm not concerned about whether it is good or bad. It is what it is. So, gamers fighting for the abolishment of the DRM from XOne only came (significantly) from people interested on the console.

But ok, let's forget about Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo clients and let's just consider them as gamers. Then my statement would be: Xbox would be a disgusting choice if gamers were as demanding with it as they are with Nintendo consoles.

Much of what you said seems to be based on assumptions. You assume that Nintendo's games are low-budget, and you (seem) to assume that Nintendo has some bad values in the industry when you aren't an insider or anyone who would know what goes on in meetings. You may come back at me with "You assume blah, blah, etc." but what I am doing is taking more of a neutral stance. I'm saying that all companies have the same end goal; to make money. Especially bigger companies. I'm saying that companies reply to supply and demand. I'm not making statements about Nintendo's budgets when I'm not completely sure on them. I'm not an insider nor am I trying to assume how Nintendo does their business. I'm just looking at the basics here. 

Also, 

In what year, month, day, second did you see the PS3 or X360 more expensive than the Wii U?

... what?

I'm also wondering, what is your goal with this discussion? Other than to try to change my mind. Do you think Nintendo should shake up their practices? If so, I think the same. Do you think the Wii U wasn't the best idea? If so, I think the same.

pezus said:
Talal said:
Metallicube said:

Why any TRUE gamer would want Nintendo third party is completely beyond me..

You REALLY want the last deticated gaming company to go under, and for the entire games industry to be run by the non-gaming soulless corporate machines known as Sony and MS? Sony and MS (and their third party lapdogs) running things by themselves would kill gaming. MS and Sony care nothing about gamers, they only care about getting a foothold in the games industry to expand their influence and increase revenues. Just look at how MS completely sold out gamers with all the DRM shit initially with the Xbone, before a huge backlash from the gamer community scared them into changing. Look at how Sony thought everyone would run out and spend $599USD on a freakin Playstation 3..

Metallicube said:

Did you ever thnk that maybe the games stay at that price because they are WORTH it? Obvioulsy people keep buying them,

otherwise they would drop the prices.. If the games were NOT good enough to sell well, the prices would fall. Simple supply and demand.

Nintendo's games are generally on a completely different level of quality than most others, which is why the prices stay high.

Prices reflect true value.

Prices reflect true value, man.

The sad part is he can't even see the hypocrisy. He loves Nintendo and hates the others so much that he's able to contradict himself in 2 successive comments. No man, Nintendo is a true gaming company the other two mega evil corporates only care about profit. 

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Much of what you said seems to be based on assumptions. You assume that Nintendo's games are low-budget, and you (seem) to assume that Nintendo has some bad values in the industry when you aren't an insider or anyone who would know what goes on in meetings...what I am doing is taking more of a neutral stance...I'm not making statements about Nintendo's budgets when I'm not completely sure on them.

That first sentence of yours is an assumption too. You "assume" you are speculating less than me but you aren't. You have a point of view. I have a different one. We are discussing the differences. That's all. It would be egocentric of you to think the other side is full of assumptions just because it holds a different opinion.

I assume Nintendo games are low-budget like I assume the average person in Australia is richer than the average person in Somalia although I don't know the GDP per capita of those countries. Yet, I would bet 1 million dollars on that statement (look that I don't know the numbers and I would risk more than my whole life working). But you would never do such a thing. You only talk about what you are completely sure. Well, I just smile at you and kindly disagree from your logic.

Moreover, you don't seem to follow your own logic. Look at the assumptions you make:

- "Nintendo's market share rise and fall came to happen because of many different problems."

- "If a company sees that their product is still selling at the price that it first was sold at, they're going to keep it at that price."

- "This didn't effect Nintendo's market share."

- "They have to follow laws."

- "It shows how the gaming community can come together on something and push against it."

...the list goes on and on as half of what you say are assumptions.

NintendoPie said:

I'm saying that all companies have the same end goal; to make money.

And I am saying they pursue it differently. Is it that hard to believe that different companies have different attitude?

NintendoPie said:

I'm saying that companies reply to supply and demand.

No, you're assuming supply-and-demand basics as unavoidable reality. One more to the list.

NintendoPie said:

I'm not an insider nor am I trying to assume how Nintendo does their business. I'm just looking at the basics here.

I'm not assuming it, I'm looking into it. There is plenty of public information to understand how Nintendo operates. Just look at their business decisions and results and the history of all this iterative process of interacting with devs, retailers and gamers.

NintendoPie said:

... what?

You said: "The PS3 cost more than it for awhile, then became the same price. The XB 360 was sold at the same price, for certain editions."

I asked: "In what year, month, day, second did you see the PS3 or X360 more expensive than the Wii U?"

Is it hard to follow?

NintendoPie said:

I'm also wondering, what is your goal with this discussion? Other than to try to change my mind.

I can ask you the same thing. What do you want from me besides forcing me to believe you're a very neutral guy that doesn't make assumptions?

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Zod95 said:
RolStoppable said:

Are you a joke account?

Nintendo is greedy because third parties overcharged for their games on the Wii? Turkish is a Nintendo fan? When did Nintendo ever try anything of the magnitude of Microsoft's DRM policies? You are asserting that Nintendo committed the same or worse and got away with it because of their brand-protective fans.

"Nintendo is greedy because third parties overcharged for their games on the Wii?" - Please tell me where I said such a thing.

"Turkish is a Nintendo fan?" - I don't know him. I would rather focus on people's actions, not reputations. He behaved like a Nintendo fan, I don't care about whether he really is or not.

"When did Nintendo ever try anything of the magnitude of Microsoft's DRM policies?" - http://www.geekcomix.com/vgh/fourth/nesbad.shtml (I hope you not find it a joke link)

"You are asserting that Nintendo committed the same or worse and got away with it because of their brand-protective fans." - Of course. Look at the reaction from Xbox fans when Microsoft announced the DRM policies and compare it to how Nintendo fans have been reacting everytime Nintendo makes a region lock console.

Please stop with the nintendo hate! I'm not hating on Sony. Do u see me making fun of vita, no so pls stop with this.

Why are u Sony fans always like this? Im just trying to help out Nintendo, the best way I can.

Turkish said:

Please stop with the nintendo hate! I'm not hating on Sony. Do u see me making fun of vita, no so pls stop with this.

Why are u Sony fans always like this? Im just trying to help out Nintendo, the best way I can.

Dood, its not about hating Nintendo, but your idea seems like a joke to everyone. i mean, really? r u that insecure that you cant sleep if some guy in Japan couldnt afford an island for himself?

Is this thread a joke? Nintendo has billions in cash reserves and Iwata is a millionaire and you guys are "donating" money to them? lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Holy hell this thread brought out all the worst Nintendo haters/trolls from the last 5 years...

It really seems that all of them want to play Nintendos games but they don't wanna buy the console...

well tough luck they ain't going 3rd party just to please your wet dreams.

When I want to play 3rd party games( unless they are also on a Nintendo console with full port) I buy a MS or Sony console, you don't see me bitch about it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints